Amphitheater snags Pearl Jam appearance

In Music, Top Stories
By Mary Ann Albright
The Columbian, Vancouver, Wash.
(MCT)
Aug. 11–The Amphitheater at Clark County has extended its season and will welcome headlining act Pearl Jam, along with Ben Harper and Relentless7, late next month.
The concert was announced Monday. It’s an event marketing manager Keevin Wagner said could rival Coldplay’s July sellout show, the largest in amphitheater history.
“We’re pretty excited about it. It adds a really high-caliber act to the end of our season,” Wagner said. Though this is the last confirmed concert of the season, it’s possible more could be added, Wagner noted.
An alternative rock band featuring Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, Mike McCready and Matt Cameron, Pearl Jam emerged in Seattle’s grunge scene in the early 1990s and became known for such hits as “Even Flow,” “Alive” and “Jeremy.” The group’s ninth studio album, “Backspacer,” is set for release Sept. 20.
Vedder and the rest of Pearl Jam are top musicians, Wagner said, and by coming to Ridgefield they’re “in fans’ own backyard. It doesn’t get better than that.”
Fans of folk- and reggae-influenced musician Ben Harper, known for songs such as “Steal My Kisses,” “Gold to Me” and “Redemption Song,” will see a different side of the singer-guitarist at the amphitheater, where he’ll perform with his new band. Harper formed the rock band Ben Harper and Relentess7 last year. The group includes Jason Mozersky, Jesse Ingalls and Jordan Richardson. Its debut album, “White Lies for Dark Times,” was released this spring.
To see more of The Columbian, or to subscribe to the newspaper, go to http://www.columbian.com.
Copyright (c) 2009, The Columbian, Vancouver, Wash.
Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.
For reprints, email [email protected], call 800-374-7985 or 847-635-6550, send a fax to 847-635-6968, or write to The Permissions Group Inc., 1247 Milwaukee Ave., Suite 303, Glenview, IL 60025, USA.

By Mary Ann Albright, The Columbian, Vancouver, Wash.

(MCT)

2 commentsOn Amphitheater snags Pearl Jam appearance

• Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.

• Good day nice short post,
    Who knows is there a cheaper SMS text message marketing service for stores @ California than 12stores.com? They only cost nine dollars per four weeks, but Ive 2 offer 3ish more choices for my mates. Plz reply