Entertainment and tourism industry panel and mixer planned

The Cal State Fullerton Entertainment and Tourism Club will hold an alumni panel event on April 27 at 5 p.m. in the Titan Theatre, followed by an end of the semester mixer, at 7 p.m. in the Titan Student Union Pavilion.

“The speakers are professionals in the industry, from event planners to recording studio representatives,” said Cody Zinkan, the club’s fundraiser and outing coordinator.

The panel will have a variety of speakers like hotel managers, a Paramount representative, an Angel Stadium representative and professionals from the music industry.

The event is free for all students. A wide range of entertainment professionals will speak about their experiences and the steps they took to get in the industry. Students will have a chance to ask questions and receive feedback from the panel. Most guest speakers are CSUF alumni.

Following the speakers will be a mixer event. The mixer is an upscale event that brings professionals and students together to gain insight into their concentration.

Presale tickets are $15 per student and $20 at the door.

A two-drink ticket will be given to attendees and the club will be serving alcohol, said club President Taylor Somera.

Club Vice President Emily Logan, said that attendees will have an opportunity to network at the mixer, which is intended for outside professionals to recruit CSUF students.

Students will get the opportunity to have a one-on-one conversation with professionals from areas of particular interest.

“It’s a good way to get to know people,” Logan added.

Fifty professionals are estimated to attend the mixer.

“We expect about 40 or more students to go,” Logan said.

“I am not really looking for a job,” Zinkan said, who will be attending the mixer to get a feel for the industry.

Zinkan said that he might need the information for the future, or better yet meet someone that can help him in his career down the road.

The club has approximately 100 CSUF student members. Its main focus it to get all members involved in the industry.

2 commentsOn Entertainment and tourism industry panel and mixer planned

• it is always a good idea to get event planners when you want a good outcome for your planned event ‘*`

• Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!