Taking issue with the birthers

Barack Obama birth certificate supplied by the Obama for President campaign.

Have you ever had a curious child ask you broad questions such as “Why is your hair black and mine brown?” The obvious thing to do would explain with a rudimentary lesson in genetics. Then the child continues to ask “why?” to every explanation until you have given a college level thesis of human genetics. In the end, there is no pleasing the child until they have exhausted your will and are distracted by another topic.

I would argue that the “birthers,” a group of people who question Obama’s legitimacy as a “natural born citizen,” are the children in this analogy, and Obama is the disgruntled, tired, overworked, and yet, still willing adult.

Since 2008, the “birthers” have been arguing Obama’s natural born citizenship, believing that he was born in Kenya.

In response to repeated document requests from Hawaii’s Health Department and allegations, with Obama’s permission, the birth certificate was uploaded to the internet for all the world to see (only the certification “no.” was blacked out), in 2008. This was still not enough.

Like any conspiracy theorist, reams of internet users have analyzed every pixel of that uploaded image to find any fault or discrepancy to prove that it is a fake. And although they have found what they think is evidence, Hawaii has stated that the scan is legitimate. Even the director of the of Hawaii State Department of Health has come out in saying “I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawaii State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen.”

Still, the “birthers” persist. They have gone so far as to forge a Kenyan birth certificate in August 2009, according to Snopes.com.

Even if Obama were to come out and show the public his official birth certificate, both risking identity fraud and potentially making it possible for document request laws to be altered, the “birthers” would most likely question that document as well.

That is, in the end, the problem with all extremists and conspiracy theorists. They are children striving to get to the heart of a matter, which ultimately doesn’t change anything.

No matter what, that child’s hair will stay brown, and Obama is the President of the United States. And as president he has a job to do other than cater to the “birthers’” requests.

Cal State Fullerton plagued by bike thefts

Walking across campus can seem exhausting when a student is already tired from a long day of studying and

The Flying Samaritans take monthly trips to Mexico to provide for patients

At 5 a.m. on a Saturday morning, Cal State Fullerton’s campus is usually close to empty. But once a

• Arnie Rosner, Fountain Valley, Ca

Just to advise you that the birth certificate may be of interest but of little consequence. Mr. Obama has already been officially disqualified by Congress. The actual certificate is a distractive device produced to divert attention from the real issue; Obama has already been disqualified. He is not eligible to serve as president.

http://www.thepostemail.com/2010/05/17/the-senate-defined-natural-born-citizen-in-2008-and-obama-didnt-qualify/

However it is the criminally complicit Obama handlers, those who are really in control of the US Government, who are trying to make the eligibility issue seem like a non-issue.

The fact they “doth protest too much”, clearly indicates to me it is the one item they all fear the most. Even Obama’s silver tongue could not discredit this issue once a sufficient number of citizens correctly recognize the significance of this point.

This explains all of the attempts to marginalize those who continue to bring this matter to the forefront. We are being played for saps.

The question begging for an answer? Are you dumb enough to fall for it?

Arnie

Available 24/7 – Defending freedom is no part-time job!
    [email protected]
    714-964-4056
    714-501-8247 – mobile

• Linda

Why can’t you people get this through your thick skulls? Obama may or may not be Native Born depending on the validity of his paternal grandmother’s statement in Kenya, and the sealed hospital records in Mombasa, Kenya, but he is certainly not “natural born” since for that term both his parents must be U.S. citizens (of any category) when he was born. And per statements made in his own campaign’s website, and in his books, Obama has admitted his father was a British Subject when Obama was born. Obama’s father never at any time was a U.S. citizen. In fact his father was not even an immigrant to the USA nor was he ever even a permanent resident of the USA. Thus since his father was not a U.S. citizen, Obama is NOT a “Natural Born Citizen (NBC)” of the U.S. under our Constitution’s framer’s intent and Constitutional standards. And thus he cannot serve as our President under our Constitution. Defining “natural born citizen”, a dissertation on that subject:
    [url]http://federalistblog.us/2008/11/natural-born_citizen_defined.html[/url]

Further, A child born in wedlock and abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) INA, provided the citizen parent was physically present in the U.S. for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child’s birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen are required for physical presence in the U.S. to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child). http://travel.state.gov/law/info/info_609.html. Obama’s mother, born on November 29, 1942, was 18 years old when she gave birth to Obama on August 4, 1961. She was 117 days short from being 19 years old. But she had to be at least 19 years old (14 years old plus 5 years of U.S. physical presence) to satisfy the legal requirement of Section 301(g). Hence, if Obama was born in Kenya, under the Fourteenth Amendment, he is neither a U.S. citizen by birth on U.S. soil nor one by naturalization. (There is no existing evidence that Obama was ever naturalized.) Nor would he qualify to be a U.S. citizen by any act of Congress by being born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent. If this scenario were proven to be true, it can be reasonably argued that Obama is an illegal alien.

• Roy Trueman Jr.

Skylar Smith, The New World Order and World Bank hereby awards you One Brownie Point!

Perhaps the most biased article I have read recently, congratulations.

It would not matter if Obama was born on the steps of the Capital on live TV and the mall packed shoulder to shoulder, he does not meet the Requirements of Our Constitution as a “Natural Born Citizen”. The Law of the Land is Our Constitution and it is what stands between us and Slavery, it makes us Citizens and not Subjects. It is Our Constitution and Bill of Rights that make us Free.

In 2008 the Senate defined a “Natural Born Citizen” as a child born to TWO U.S. Citizens.

The Founders knew that Vattel defined a “citizen” simply as any member of society. They also knew from reading Vattel that a “natural born Citizen” had a different standard from just “citizen,” for he or she was a child born in the country to two citizen parents. That is the definition of a “natural born Citizen,” as recognized by numerous U.S. Supreme Court and lower court decisions (The Venus, 12U.S. 253(1814), Shanks v. Dupont, 28 U.S. 242 (1830), Scott v. Sandford, 60 U.S. 393 (1856), Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162 (1875) , Ex parte Reynolds, 20 F. Cas. 582 (C.C.W.D. Ark 1879), United States v. Ward, 42 F. 320 (1890); Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898), Ludlam, Excutrix, & c., v. Ludlam, 26 N.Y. 356 (1863) and more) and the framers of the Civil Rights Act of 1866, the 14th Amendment, the Naturalization Act of 1795, 1798, 1802, 1885, and our modern 8 U.S.C. Sec. 1401. It should be noted that during the Founding and throughout American history, there has always been a distinction between a general “citizen” on the one hand and a “natural born citizen” on the other. The law of nations did not make any specific requirements for one to be a “citizen” of a nation, for such a person was basically just a member of the civil society. Before and after the revolution, the Founders considered anyone who resided in the colonies or States and who adhered to the revolutionary cause to be a “citizen,” regardless of place of birth or condition of the parents. But the law of nations did provide for a strict definition of a “natural born citizen,” i.e., a child born in the country of citizen parents. And the Founders also adopted that stricter definition for an Article II “natural born Citizen” which applied only to one wanting to be President and Commander in Chief of the Military.

Even the most far left and Liberal Justice of the Supreme Court, Justice Ginsberg is on record as proclaiming that a “Natural Born Citizen” is a birth of a child with TWO U.S. Citizen parents.

The DNC was well aware that Obama was not a valid Candidate given the evidence that the DNC removed the words “are legally qualified to serve under the provisions of the United States Constitution:” from the standard “Certification of Nomination” document submitted to 49 States (Hawaii’s still remains). This is both Election Fraud and Treason

The Propaganda you spout serves but one purpose and that is to brainwash the general public and confuse the issues. Your motives I question. Your service to Wall street the Big Banks, the Federal Reserve, World Bank and The New World Order is appreciated I am quite sure as you have made their takeover of America that much easier.

Your statement “Still, the “birthers” persist. They have gone so far as to forge a Kenyan birth certificate in August 2009, according to Snopes.com “ is more evidence of how biased both you and Snopes.com are and how you ignore the facts and tell the people what you want them to believe.

Not only has the Kenyan Government verified the documents, James Orengo, Kenya’s Minister of Lands and Member of Parliament, during debate over the draft of a new Kenyan Constitution in Parliament, stated that Barack Obama was born in Africa and cited America’s election of a Kenyan-born President as an example of what could be accomplished when diverse peoples unite.

The Kenyan Government provided a “Certified Copy” of Obama’s Birth Certificate and even released a copy of his footprint made at the time of his birth. His foot has grown but if Obama wishes to prove it is a forgery and call his fraternal grandmother and other relatives liars for claiming to have witnessed his birth, all he has to do is submit his foot print. I am sure it will not put him at risk of Identity Fraud.

Perhaps while he is at it he can explain why he has used 44 different Social Security Numbers and 80 different aliases, or why he went to college on a foreign student grant, or why there is no record or even trace of him at Columbia, no picture in the year book, not one of the 42 graduates in his class or 400 others interviewed have any memory of such a charismatic personality? Maybe why he made so many trips to Pakistan under an Indonesian Passport? Maybe how his mother made it back to Hawaii to give birth to him when her Airline Tickets were canceled and refunded due to her being within 6 weeks of delivery and not permitted to fly?

I could continue with such questions for many more pages but I think there is enough to provide a shadow of a doubt of where Obama was born. America is a free country where anyone can question our Government, when somewhere between 46% and 56% (the polls vary) of Americans polled with literally millions taking the polls through the Main Stream Media state they do not believe Obama was born in the U.S. I would say this is an Issue. It is an Issue that will not go away until it is properly addressed or until the Socialist Police State you support rounds us all up and puts us in the gas chambers to ready us for the ovens.

You and the World Order Socialist Media will continue to pump out the Propaganda, hide the truth and tell the people what you want them to believe, We the People will continue to think for ourselves and seek the truth. I have sworn to “Defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic, I will do so with my life if need be, “Give me Liberty or Give Me Death”

Obama is not a legal President and is a complete fraud!

• Andrew

Roy,

Why is this matter so important for you? What religion do you practice, if any? Are all your “beleives” based on “polls”? Who are the “People” you are mentioning here? When, and how did you “sware”. Did you read any, all, or part of the constitution? What part of country do you come from? What is your “race”.

Tell me, why should I respect your opinion?

• Dink Singer

To all those who pointed out the Senate defined “natural born citizen” in April 2008 — they did not. They just resolved “That John Sidney McCain, III, is a `natural born Citizen’ under Article II, Section 1, of the Constitution of the United States.” (S. Res 511, 110th Congress, April 30, 2008). This is not a law, it is just a Senate resolution that shared their finding that Sen. McCain met the “natural born citizen” qualification even though he was not born in the United States and, had he been born in the Panama Canal Zone, he would not have been a citizen under the law in effect at the time of his birth. The Senate included a list of reasons why they believed McCain to be eligible, which included “Whereas John Sidney McCain, III, was born to American citizens on an American military base in the Panama Canal Zone in 1936.” This is factually inaccurate. McCain like most present day Americans was born in a hospital. In his case the hospital was neither on an American military base nor in the Panama Canal Zone. It was in the city of Colon within the Republic of Panama. Ironically this improves the case for McCain’s “natural born” status since children of American parents born in foreign countries in 1936 were, by law, citizens at birth.

President Obama was a constitutional citizen at birth under the 14th Amendment because he was born in Hawaii, a state. Assuming, arguendo, he was born outside the United States, and his mother was Sydney Ann Dunham, he would still be a statutory citizen from birth under the law then in effect. It is true, as some have pointed out here, that Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1952 which was in effect at that time of Obama’s birth required that if one parent was an alien and the other a U.S. citizen the child would be a citizen only if the citizen parent was physically present with the U.S. or its possessions for five years after attaining the age of fourteen. Since Ms. Dunham was not yet 19 years of age, she had not been physically present anywhere for 5 years after she was 14, this provision did not apply to her son. (The law was subsequently changed to only require 2 years of physical presence after the age of 14, but unlike the Panama Canal Zone change, this change was not retroactive.)

There was, however, another provision, Sec. 309(c), that did apply to Barrack Obama. It provides “a person born, on or after the effective date of this act, outside of the United States and out of wedlock shall be held to have acquired at birth the nationality status of his mother” if she was a U.S. national and had been physically present in the U.S. or its possessions for one year. It may greatly please Obama haters to learn that the President was legally born out of wedlock, but there is very little question that this is true. His mother, and the State of Hawaii, believed his parents to be married, but the marriage was void because his father was already married. Hawaiian law is very clear on this issue. So assuming, arguendo, Obama was born outside the United States he was a statutory American citizen at birth just the same as Sen. McCain.

• Lexus

I really wish there were more artliecs like this on the web.