Crepes Bonaparte Food Truck

Savory, sweet Parisian crepes are not commonly associated with the “roach coach.” The traveling lunch trucks are more often allied to saturated fat and construction sites, but not anymore.

Crepes Bonaparte, the Fullerton based traveling food truck, is twisting the perception of meals on wheels, breaking every stereotype with their crepe-based menu and their little French hats.

The truck known as “Gaston,” along with Christian Murcia, his wife Danielle and his childhood friend Matthew Meyer were recently featured on The Great Food Truck Race reality show on Food Network, hosted by TV chef Tyler Florance. The show spanned across the United States in a series of challenges presented to seven different gourmet food trucks in hopes of winning a grand prize of $50,000. For the Parisian trio, the show came to an end on the third episode when the team received the lowest gross sales in the Ft. Worth Texas challenge,

“Where’s the Beef.”

Riding the wave of the show’s exposure, the couple has seen a peak in sales.

“We definitely are a lot busier, we get more request for stops in Orange County and LA,”

Danielle Murcia said.

The Murcias opened the parent company, Crepes Bonaparte Catering, in 2008. To expand on the company the couple decided to create the food truck in the place of a permanent restaurant location.

“Gaston” had only been in service for a month when they were casted on the show. The business savvy duo were successful in the first two episodes, coming in second in the New Mexico episode.

“It was almost surreal,” Murcia said.

On the show, the French truck came to the end of its road in Texas where one onlooker during the episode said, “I’ve never heard of a crepe.”

The crepe truck actually sold more than Grill’ Em All, but the burger truck won a $1000 bonus for the “Truck stop” challenge leaving the crepe truck in the dust.

Gourmet food trucks have had a popularity explosion in the last few years with somewhat of a late start in Orange County, but with the addition of Crepes Bonaparte the list is growing.

“It’s something really different. It opens a lot of opportunity for business owners and for consumers. People really enjoy the different food options,” Murcia said.

Crepes Bonaparte makes appearances all over Orange County and Los Angeles, with a consistent appearance every Thursday at the Anaheim Farmers Market. With over an hour-long line at their recent visit to the OC Foodie Fest at the Honda Center, the delicious gourmet truck is proving that it’s all in the pudding, or the crepes in this case.

Dean turnover affects college continuity

The College of Communications had four different deans in the past five years, highlighting a turnover trend that is

Former speech therapist finds passion working in the special education department at Cal State Fullerton

Feeling unfulfilled in her job as a speech therapist, a phone call from an old colleague gave Lisa Alexander

Homeless in OC: Theriault House in Stanton gives OC families a home

This story has been updated and clarified on March 16, 2017 at 3:30 p.m.   Families who need emergency