Letter to the editor

Dear Editor,

While I commend The Daily Titan for granting students easy access to news articles about both sides of the approaching election, I cannot help but wonder why some of them aren’t really offering any news at all. It came across rather important that the facts facing Meg Whitman’s illegal housekeeper should be suppressed and upstaged by slanted reporting. What I thought would be a news article possibly offering new information about the case turned out to be an insignificant “blow” to the Whitman campaign – I can only hope that it was poor research that resulted in such a sad amalgam of information.

Let it be clear that I do not think it is unfair that such a story should be reported on (scandals facing politicians are news that we should be reading about in times like these), but when such a large amount of useful information is ignored why even publish it as news? The article wastes most of its breath analyzing Whitman’s political strategy, and even ventures into her vain attempts at reaching out to Latino voters via TV spots. Nothing is mentioned about the specifics of the document that Gloria Allred presented as proof of Whitman’s lie (which is posted online) or the fact that the housekeeper waited a year and a half to present what she may have thought a “case” against Whitman. Titans may also be interested to hear that the document, if anything, instructed Whitman and her husband to avoid taking any unnecessary action against Nicky Santillan.

This article is too partial, and baron of any absorbing facts to be considered news. We Titans would have been better introduced to it with the headline: “Whitman may have knowingly hired an illegal alien, but really, what’s up with those dumb ads in Spanish?”

Sincerely,

Keith Fierro
Major: English

Titans guard Ian Fox secures mid-season release from men’s basketball team

Titans guard Ian Fox secured his release from the men’s basketball team last week. Neither Fox nor Titan Athletics

• sally

If people get mad at Meg Whitman for hiring an illegal immigrant, than they should look in the mirror. Every one wants to hire illegal immigrants because they work for next to nothing. If hiring a mexican was the worse thing she’s ever done, she has my vote.

– sally