Titan Radio Playlist

In Arts & Entertainment

Cal State Fullerton’s Titan Radio DJs have created playlists for varying aspects of student life. Download these songs on iTunes or Amazon, or listen to Titan Radio online at TitanRadio.org.

Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders are gaining prominence in the music industry and have growing audiences within multiple genres. Major mainstream recognition for the Asian American and Pacific Islander community came with the introduction of Far East Movement into popular culture. Now Asian American artists are topping the charts.

“Everyone probably thinks Bruno Mars came out of nowhere,” said Chadwick Vargas, host of Titan Radio’s “Asian Persuasion Show.” “Not so, he’s been writing songs for a lot of artists we love today. It’s no surprise he’s on top of the iTunes charts with Far East Movement.”

Vargass’ playlist includes popular artists like the Far East Movement and Bruno Mars, as well as emerging artists from the Asian American and Pacific Islander community.

Playlist of Chadwick Vargas, host of the “Asian Persuasion Show”

“Girls on the Dance Floor” by Far East Movement
“Just the Way You Are” by Bruno mars
“When We Say” by AJ Rafael
“Stars Falling Down” by Kina Grannis
“That Girl” by David Choi

Austin Krie, host of the “Classic Rock-n-Country Show” Tuesdays from 8:30-9:30 a.m., tells a story of someone staying up “all day and all of the night” studying for midterms. Listen to Krie’s selection to enhance your study session.

“I wanted the songs as a whole to convey what happens in the week or so leading up to (an exam),” Krie said.

Playlist of Austin Krie, host of “Classic Rock-n-Country Show”

“All Day and All of the Night” by the Kinks
“Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey
“Living on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
“College” by Pat Green
“Peaceful Easy Feeling” by the Eagles.

Finding a parking spot can be time consuming and frustrating. Johnathan Rushing, host of “The David and Rush Show,” makes being stuck in traffic an all-out sing-a-long.

“You can’t get much better than blasting some…rock through the amps of your car to get your day to a rocking start,” Rushing said. “Take that, Starbucks!”

Playlist of Jonathan Rushing, host of “The David and Rush Show”

“The Rock Show” by Blink182
“Walk This Way” by Aerosmith
“Lose Yourself” by Eminem
“Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen

Morten Kristensen, host of “Off the Beaten Track,” which airs Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. to noon, will rescue you from a workout rut with three very different songs. Download these songs to your iPod, and plug in when you hit the gym.

Whether it is upbeat trance music for running, hip-hop for lifting weights or soundscapes for cooling down, these songs will complement your workout routine.

“Turn the volume up, forget everything around you and just let the beat push you on,” Kristensen said.

Playlist of Morten Kristensen, host of “Off the Beaten Track”

“CAT 00897-A2” by Aphex Twin
“The New Wu” by Raekwon, featuring Method Man and Ghostface Killah
“Peacock Tail” by Boards of Canada.

Get your blood flowing with these songs chosen by Michael Silver, co-host of “Sports Junkies,” which airs Wednesdays from 1- 2 p.m. The sports talk show discusses college and professional sports, including baseball, football, basketball and mixed martial arts.

These songs will “get you in the mood to party and kick butt,” Silver said.

Playlist of Michael Silver, co-host of “Sports Junkies”

“We Right Here” by DMX
“This Is Absolution” by Killswitch Engage
“Come Out Swinging” by the Offspring

CSUF Outside Hitter Gabrielle Barcelos set ups a spike attempt for her teammate against Cal Poly SLO, Sept. 21.

CSUF volleyball loses to UC Santa Barbara, drops eighth-straight game

CSUF volleyball was aced 10 times on the way to a three-set loss against UC Santa Barbara in Titan

CSUF's forward Bass Sarr confronts St. Francis' midfielder Kevin Smolyn during the Titans 2-2 tie.

CSUF men’s soccer draws tie against St. Francis University

Sunday night had repeated doses of deja vu disguised as a soccer game, as Cal State Fullerton men’s soccer

An electric vehicle spot, much like the one where the kicking incident occurred.

CSUF professor ordered to pay student for damaged car

John Short, Cal State Fullerton professor of theatre and dance, was ordered to pay a CSUF student $3,246.44 on