Timeline of war from Sept. 11 to present

In News

1. Sept. 11, 2001: Terrorists from al-Qaida hijacked four commercial airplanes and flew them into the World Trade Center towers and the Pentagon. The fourth plane crashed in Pennsylvania. About 3,000 civilians and aid workers died from the attack.

2. Oct. 7, 2001: President George W. Bush addresses the nation on initial operations in Afghanistan stating that on his orders strikes against al Qaida had begun.

3. March 19 2003: President Bush addresses the nation on the invasion of Iraq on the basis that Iraq is holding weapons of mass destruction.

4. March 20, 2003: United States and the United Kingdom declare War on Iraq in “Operation Iraqi Freedom”

5. May 1, 2003: George W. Bush arrives on the USS Abraham Lincoln to declare “Mission Accomplished.”

6. Dec. 14, 2003: Saddam Hussein is captured.

7. April 28, 2004: Scandalous images of torture at the Abu Ghraib prison are revealed, the public finds the images distasteful and call for Donald Rumsfeld’s resignation.

8. July 26 , 2004: The 9/11 Commission Report was released, documenting the events leading
up to the Sept. 11 attacks. It also included testimony from family members of people who died in the attacks.

9. Dec. 9, 2004: Troops entrenched in Iraq complain about lack of tools and weapons

10. Dec. 6, 2006: The Iraq Study Group report is released, saying that the current tactics in Iraq were not working and that new strategies should be pursued.

11. July 25, 2007: The House voted that there would not be a permanent base for American soldiers.

12. Feb. 7, 2009: President Obama promises to take troops out of Iraq by 2010

13. Feb. 17, 2009: President Obama sends forces to Afghanistan. A statement from the President said, “The Taliban is resurgent in Afghanistan, and al-Qaida supports the insurgency and threatens America from its safe-haven along the Pakistani border.”

14. June 23, 2010: President Obama names General David Petraeus the Commanding General of International Security Forces in Afghanistan from General Stanley McChrystal after McChrystal made controversial comments in a June 22, 2010 Rolling Stone article titled, “The Runaway General.”

15. There have been 4,411 casualties in Iraqi Freedom and 1,299 in Afganistan’s Operation Enduring Freedom as of Oct. 3, 2010 according to the Washington Post.

16. Aug. 31, 2010: Obama Declares an End to Combat Mission in Iraq. War in Afghanistan continues.

Graph depicting full time equivalent students enrollment at different CSU's

Cal State Fullerton ranks lowest in funding per student in the CSU system

Cal State Fullerton receives the lowest funding per student in the CSU system and has the most enrolled students

Graph showing a decrease in crime statistics

CSUF releases Annual Security Report under Clery Act showing 2017 crime rates

Cal State Fullerton and several other local CSUs have released their 2017 Annual Security Report as mandated by the

Gayle Brunelle addresses her concerns with executive order 1100 at academic senate meeting thursday

General education requirements in CSU system could create faculty layoffs

Chancellor Timothy P. White issued an executive order in August 2017 requiring colleges in the CSU system to change

One commentOn Timeline of war from Sept. 11 to present

• Transforming into a parent or guardian doesn’t adjust anyone…Celebrate it becomes clear that the small men and women you developed are worthy of the best of the free time! Re-post this specific if you are Very pleased to be a parent as well as Adore your “Boring life”!!