Brandon Boyd works with H.O.P.E.

In Art, Arts & Entertainment, Music

Watercolor and ink-drawing fills embellish the walls. The intricate designs creatively yet subtly illuminate the room. An overwhelming message is conveyed though the art-filled exhibit: for the sake of future generations, help keep our beaches clean.

Brandon Boyd from Incubus teamed up with surf brand Hurley International to showcase a fashion and art collaboration to benefit the H.O.P.E. (Helping Other People Everywhere) campaign.

Boyd states in his blog that his life is characterized by self expression. His love for both the ocean and surfing are what lead him in the direction of collaborating with Hurley International, whom he says shares a mutual appreciation for surfing, music and art.

In a recent interview about his exhibit with ApparelNews.net, Boyd says his main hope through working with this campaign is to inspire others to be creative and make art themselves.

When talking about his fascination with the ocean, Boyd says the spontaneity and adrenaline he gets from surfing has proven to be a creative activity in itself. “On a wave, you’re riding on something that will never occur again and has no repetitive line. [A wave] is literally one of the most unique experiences in nature,” says Boyd.

Boyd acknowledges that surfing is a lot like art – you chase spontaneous moments and hope they continue and continue.

The “Hurley X Brandon Boyd” collection includes three original art-inspired designs that are not only sketched along the walls, but are also featured on clothing.

An ocean terrain consumes the walls of a boarded room. Whales and seaweed-like designs absorb the island-inspired mural.

The words illustrated throughout the mural and painted largely on a canvas state the following:

“We are an island and whether by luck or misfortune we have nowhere else to go. We are a beautiful island but we are misguided and off course. Demand clean energy! Ban single-use plastics! Protect our island and give hope to our children’s children. Leave the island better than you found it.”

Boyd’s art raises funds and brings awareness to conserving our oceans.

Selected artworks and both T-shirts and reusable water bottles with Boyd’s illustrations are available for purchase. A portion of the sales from the limited-edition collection will benefit H.O.P.E.

H.O.P.E. is a nonprofit organization focused on involving artists and their contributions in campaigns, programs and events to support existing social projects that promote education and peace around the world.

With the help of contemporary artists, the H.O.P.E. campaign has raised awareness for ongoing humanitarian and social issues to millions across the world.

The “Hurley X Brandon Boyd” collaboration is open to the public and will be displayed through Friday at the Hurley International headquarters in Costa Mesa, Calif.

For more information on the H.O.P.E. campaign or the current event, please visit Blog.HopeCampaign.org/. If you cannot make it to the event but are interested in the clothing, please visit Hurley.com.

CSUF and CSUB tip off from Titan Gym.

Titans’ second half surge not enough in first round of CIT

The chapter of Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball, where the backcourt duo of Kyle Allman Jr. and Khalil Ahmad

Multilevel marketing (MLM) is a terrible business model that can harm vulnerable individuals and communities that don’t know the