Public Relations Students Host Comm Soiree

In Arts & Entertainment, Campus News, Fashion, News

It was a night of entertainment and charity as the CSUF Public Relations Student Society of America hosted “Comm Soiree” as a part of the ongoing Comm Week on campus. From dancing to networking, the yearly social event aimed to bring students and alumni together while  raising funds for a charity organization.
“Last year we had a Casino Royale night but this year we changed things up and put together an upscale, hip mixer. The event allows students from all majors to come have fun and also keep in touch with our alumni from the professional world,” said Maggie Guillen PRSSA member. The 20-year-old journalism major also said that the organization teamed up Working Wardrobes to raise money for its cause.
“The charity organization helps disadvantaged people to get on their feet by providing them opportunities that they don’t normally get. It helps them with resumes, interview skills and also provide them a professional wardrobe,” Guillen said.
Part of the proceeds from tickets sales are said to benefit the charity organization. Students also modeled outfits at the events that were provided by Working Wardrobes to provide an example of the type of professional attire the company offers its clients.
Local Orange County artist Thrasher brought  guests to the dance floor as he belted out live performances of popular songs. Dressed in their finest cocktail attire, students struck a pose at the photo studio set up at the event.
“I love the modern décor and the overall stylish feel of the event. Everybody seems to be having a good time here,” said Marlene Mateo, 20, nursing major.
“ I think it is also a great and fun way to raise funds for a charitable cause,”said Kimberly Becerra, 20,  psychology major.
PRSSA Fundraising Director Kristina Bello was the force behind the successful night. With the help of a few members, Bello was able to plan the whole event in three weeks and was proud to see the outcome.
“It was stressful but I am glad everything came together at the end. I am proud of it and it is great to see everyone having fun tonight,” Bello said. “Our students got to network with professionals from various fields tonight and I think it is so important to have these networking opportunities available.”
Bello said that once the logistics of the event were all planned out, she aimed to give the event a huge push through social networking sites. She also tapped in to the databases of former and current members to spread the word about the event to their contacts.
“Our alumni came out to the event tonight and it is nice that they are still committed to stay involved with our activities,” she said.

Towards the end of the event PRSSA President Christa Keizer thanked everyone for coming out and handed certificates of appreciation to PRSSA active members. And as the DJ spun a fast track, everybody came together and danced their hearts out on the floor.

This is a photo of CSUF alumnae who were invited by the College of the Arts to participate in a panel called, "Women Alumni in the Arts: Titans Reaching Higher."

College of the Arts host alumnae panel to discuss journeys in the arts industry

Cal State Fullerton’s College of the Arts celebrated Women’s History Month by inviting six female alumnae to speak with

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller briefing President Barack Obama about the Boston Bombing

Mueller report finds no evidence of Trump conspiring with Russia

The investigation of President Donald Trump and his campaign led by Robert S. Mueller III was released Sunday. The report

Editorial: From Michelle Obama to Malala Yousafzai, women deserve to be recognized

As a nod to Women’s History Month, it is important to have this special women’s issue to remind everyone