Cheney attracts protesters to Nixon Library

In Local News, News

Protesters gathered in front of the Nixon Library Wednesday to voice their opinions regarding the administration involving former Vice President Dick Cheney.

Cheney appeared at the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda to sign his book In My Time and protesters were ready to chant before his scheduled arrival.

In the book, Cheney revealed he has “no regrets” about waterboarding detainees to get answers after the terror attacks of 9/11.

About 50 protesters against Cheney assembled alongside the corner of Eureka Avenue and Yorba Linda Boulevard holding signs up high and chanting. The group of parents, adolescents, students and veterans chanted out loud through their megaphones and hands, “Cheney, you can’t hide. We charge you with genocide,” following the voice of Mike Prysner, a former U.S. army soldier.

“(That’s why we’re here) to show that there (are) checks and balance,” said Marcus RunningDeer Gourley, an air force veteran. “And that these people are going to be held to a higher court and that they can’t get away with this.”

Across the way, in support of the administration, congregated a group of about six protesters all holding signs up high and chanting, “We love Dick” and “Dick Cheney is our Mother Theresa.”

“U.S. uses waterboarding. We protect America,” said Rez Saidi, a Cal State Fullerton student who was there supporting Cheney. “Other countries don’t; they’re the ones getting attacked.”

Protesters attracted honks and hand waves from drivers.

Illustration of student buying food

California proposing financial aid to food insecure students

The number of food-insecure students has been rising across college campuses throughout the nation due to rising tuition costs

Kanye West raps while three sillhouettes of women labeled with slang look over their shoulder in scorn.

Rappers Kanye West and the late XXXTentacion promote misogyny

It’s a troubling reality that most rappers still have a thriving career. From their seemingly flagrant misogynistic behaviors to

A graphic showing the steps to take in the event of an active shooter

Active shooter drills at Cal State Fullerton

September is National Preparedness Month at Cal State Fullerton, which encompasses everything from fire, earthquake, hurricane and active shooter

One commentOn Cheney attracts protesters to Nixon Library

• Mother Theresa? Whom exactly did Mother Theresa torture? I don’t find that in her bio.

Nazi Germany tortured.

Imperial Japan tortured.

How fortunate that they weren’t attacked…