Fullerton city council recall gets overwhelming support

In Local News, News
The Fullerton community’s process of collecting signatures to approve a recall election for city council members Richard Jones, Don Bankhead and Patrick McKinley has been overwhelmingly successful, according to Friends For Fullerton’s Future Blog.

More than 50,000 signatures have been collected over the past four months, 60 percent more than are required to bring about a recall election, according to the blog.

The recall is in response to the way the three city council members handled the death of Kelly Thomas, the homeless man who died after six Fullerton police officers beat him at a Fullerton Bus Depot in July.

Many in the community feel that Jones, Bankhead and McKinley tried to help cover up and downplay the criminal acts and the alleged excessive use of force displayed by the officers involved in the beating.

The city clerk will turn the signatures in to be verified by the OC Registrar of Voters. Once the signatures are validated, the city council must schedule a recall election.

CSUF men’s soccer falls 2-1 to Pacific in first round of NCAA tournament

STOCKTON, Calif. – The Titans accepted the end of their 2017-18 season by falling to the ground on the