Fullerton city council recall gets overwhelming support

In Local News, News
The Fullerton community’s process of collecting signatures to approve a recall election for city council members Richard Jones, Don Bankhead and Patrick McKinley has been overwhelmingly successful, according to Friends For Fullerton’s Future Blog.

More than 50,000 signatures have been collected over the past four months, 60 percent more than are required to bring about a recall election, according to the blog.

The recall is in response to the way the three city council members handled the death of Kelly Thomas, the homeless man who died after six Fullerton police officers beat him at a Fullerton Bus Depot in July.

Many in the community feel that Jones, Bankhead and McKinley tried to help cover up and downplay the criminal acts and the alleged excessive use of force displayed by the officers involved in the beating.

The city clerk will turn the signatures in to be verified by the OC Registrar of Voters. Once the signatures are validated, the city council must schedule a recall election.

Cal State Fullerton baseball drops first series of season with loss to Long Beach State

Long Beach– No. 5 Cal State Fullerton (15-7) clinched its first three-game series loss of the season after giving

TV Review: Marvel clamps down with ‘Iron Fist’

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD: The main arc of “Iron Fist” is discussed in the following review, though major revelations are not revealed. 

Board of Trustees vote 11-8 to increase tuition across all 23 CSU campuses

(Todd Hadler / Sarah Wolstoncroft) The Cal State University Board of Trustees elicited student outrage Wednesday after it voted