Anti nuclear groups protest San Onofre

In News, State News

Activists protested the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station Sunday to mark the one-year anniversary of the nuclear meltdown in Fukushima, Japan, reported The Orange County Register.

Around 200 people rallied in San Onofre State Beach near the plant to listen to several speakers, including two Japanese residents who lived through the Fukushima meltdown.

Several anti-nuclear energy organizations, like Residents Organizing for Safe Environment, put on the event and about 100 activists from San Diego were brought in by bus.

Many of the speakers were drawn just recently into the cause against nuclear energy after the Fukushima disaster. However, some have long been part of the movement.

Though local leaders and industry officials say that an incident like in Japan is unlikely at San Onofre, the activists are uncertain, pointing to the plant’s safety record.

Currently the San Onofre’s reactors are off-line due to leaks and wear and tear to the generator tubes. Speakers at the event said they would like for the generators to remain off.

The rally took place a day after nearly 200 people met in remembrance for Japan at the San Clemente Community Center Saturday.

CSUF men’s soccer falls 2-1 to Pacific in first round of NCAA tournament

STOCKTON, Calif. – The Titans accepted the end of their 2017-18 season by falling to the ground on the

‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ contestants and producers open up about the shows impact on the LGBTQ community

When Von Nguyen, better known as Kimora Blac, got into drag at 18, he only knew the four people

Estimated cost of Milo Yiannopoulos’ appearance at CSUF currently $90,000

Current estimates by Cal State Fullerton suggest there will be an approximate $90,000 price tag for Milo Yiannopoulos’ Oct.