Anti nuclear groups protest San Onofre

In News, State News

Activists protested the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station Sunday to mark the one-year anniversary of the nuclear meltdown in Fukushima, Japan, reported The Orange County Register.

Around 200 people rallied in San Onofre State Beach near the plant to listen to several speakers, including two Japanese residents who lived through the Fukushima meltdown.

Several anti-nuclear energy organizations, like Residents Organizing for Safe Environment, put on the event and about 100 activists from San Diego were brought in by bus.

Many of the speakers were drawn just recently into the cause against nuclear energy after the Fukushima disaster. However, some have long been part of the movement.

Though local leaders and industry officials say that an incident like in Japan is unlikely at San Onofre, the activists are uncertain, pointing to the plant’s safety record.

Currently the San Onofre’s reactors are off-line due to leaks and wear and tear to the generator tubes. Speakers at the event said they would like for the generators to remain off.

The rally took place a day after nearly 200 people met in remembrance for Japan at the San Clemente Community Center Saturday.

CSUF women’s soccer loses to Cal Poly

Despite looking to climb back up the Big West rankings after falling recently, Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer was

New CSUF assistant professor challenges students to think critically

The glossy pages of Cal State Fullerton’s Tusk Magazine this spring will be produced with the guidance of new

CSUF men’s soccer defeats UCI 3-1 for third conference win

Cal State Fullerton men’s soccer bounced back from a winless week with a 3-1 victory over the UC Irvine