CSUF baseball player joins USA Baseball Team

In Sports, Spring Sports

Sophomore outfielder and right-handed closer Michael Lorenzen has accepted an invite from USA Baseball and the Collegiate National Team (CNT) for the second consecutive summer.  This will be Lorenzen’s fifth tour with USA Baseball since he played on the club’s U16 team in 2008.

Last summer, Lorenzen batted .317 with one home run and 10 runs batted in 41 at-bats against summer league teams from New England and Japan. This year, the CNT will play 10 games in North Carolina before heading overseas for a five-game series in Cuba and then to Holland for the nation’s Honkbal-Haarlem Baseball Week.

Lorenzen, who was drafted by the Tampa Bay Rays straight out of high school, instead decided to join the Titans in 2011. That year, he was awarded both Big West Conference Freshman of the Year and named Collegiate Baseball Freshman All-American.

Thus far in the 2012 season, Lorenzen has batted .327 with 27 RBIs and 11 stolen bases across 39 games. The outfielder has also been impressive on the mound as the Titans’ closer, with a 2-0 record and 12 saves in 15 appearances. Both roles have helped propel the Titans to the top of the Big West standings.

Proposition 10 will determine if there can be rent control in California.

California’s long rent control battle culminates with Proposition 10

Proposition 10, also known as the Affordable Housing Act, will repeal the 1995 Costa Hawkins Rental Housing Act if

Children sit with shetland sheepdogs and read to them.

Read with the Dogs at Fullerton Library gets kids excited about reading

Reading from a book to a crowd of people for the first time is nerve-wracking. But picture this: the crowd

Rick Grimes and Maggie Rhee face each other.

Review: ‘The Walking Dead’ airs fantastic premiere

The season nine premiere of “The Walking Dead” titled “A New Beginning” begins at what seems to be about

One commentOn CSUF baseball player joins USA Baseball Team