Latino Showcase Features Gala

In Local News, News

The Newport Beach Film Festival will highlight Latino film and culture as a part of its international spotlight series Wednesday night.

The event is called The Latino Showcase and will show films from three countries. As a part of the event, there will be a public gala featuring filmmakers, actors and local entertainers, according to The Orange County Register.

Some of the films that will be a part of the showcase are “Here Between Us” (“Aqui Entre Nos”) of Mexico, “Heleno” of Brazil and “Blue Bay” (“Bahia Azul”) of Chile. The showings will be held at staggered times at the Edwards Big Newport theater.

After the films conclude, the public gala will be held at Fashion Island in Newport Beach.

Tickets for the showcase are $15 for a single film, $25 for the gala or $35 for admission to a film and the gala.

Tickets can be purchased at NewportBeachFilmFest.com. Mary Behrens, a co-coordinator of the event, said that there are several other films being shown in Orange County that may be of interest to Latino and other moviegoers.

To read the entire story, click here.

Lecturer Eric Canin to return to CSUF following investigation into misconduct

Anthropology lecturer Eric Canin will return to teach at Cal State Fullerton this fall after Arbitrator Jan Stiglitz concluded