Latino Showcase Features Gala

In Local News, News

The Newport Beach Film Festival will highlight Latino film and culture as a part of its international spotlight series Wednesday night.

The event is called The Latino Showcase and will show films from three countries. As a part of the event, there will be a public gala featuring filmmakers, actors and local entertainers, according to The Orange County Register.

Some of the films that will be a part of the showcase are “Here Between Us” (“Aqui Entre Nos”) of Mexico, “Heleno” of Brazil and “Blue Bay” (“Bahia Azul”) of Chile. The showings will be held at staggered times at the Edwards Big Newport theater.

After the films conclude, the public gala will be held at Fashion Island in Newport Beach.

Tickets for the showcase are $15 for a single film, $25 for the gala or $35 for admission to a film and the gala.

Tickets can be purchased at NewportBeachFilmFest.com. Mary Behrens, a co-coordinator of the event, said that there are several other films being shown in Orange County that may be of interest to Latino and other moviegoers.

To read the entire story, click here.

Hundreds of thousands march in Los Angeles and Orange County following inauguration

Hundreds of thousands of people attended women’s marches in Los Angeles and Santa Ana last weekend to promote

Former governor Michael Dukakis talks political policies at CSUF

(Photo by Katie Albertson / Daily Titan) Michael Dukakis, a professor, former three-term Democratic Massachusetts governor and the Democratic

Cal State Fullerton’s first female black president dies on New Year’s Day

(Photo courtesy of CSUF) Cal State Fullerton’s first black female president Jewel Plummer Cobb died at the age of