Suspect Pleads Guilty to Murder

In Local News, News

Christopher Michael McAmis, 32, pleaded guilty to strangling and killing 20-year-old Fullerton College student Lynsie Ekelund during an attempted rape more than a decade ago. His plea took place at Los Angeles Superior Court Monday. As a result, McAmis will serve a sentence of 15 years to life in prison.
The murder happened in 2001 at McAmis’ Whittier apartment. Nancy and Stewart Ekelund, the victim’s parents, made an impact statement in court.
McAmis confessed to strangling Ekelund after she rejected his sexual advances. He also told investigators that he buried her body in a remote area of Santa Clarita Calif. and led them to the site after his arrest on Oct. 27, 2010.
Ekelund was reported missing by her mother after she did not make it home from a San Diego trip with her friends on Feb. 16, 2001. The disappearance was considered unsolved until 2010, when new evidence was used to arrest McAmis.

To read the full story, click here.

Former governor Michael Dukakis talks political policies at CSUF

(Photo by Katie Albertson / Daily Titan) Michael Dukakis, a professor, former three-term Democratic Massachusetts governor and the Democratic

Cal State Fullerton’s first female black president dies on New Year’s Day

(Photo courtesy of CSUF) Cal State Fullerton’s first black female president Jewel Plummer Cobb died at the age of

Red Oak, interim city manager approved

(Photo by Bailey Carpenter / Daily Titan) Over 100 Fullerton residents congregated in the Fullerton City Chambers for the