Suspect Pleads Guilty to Murder

In Local News, News

Christopher Michael McAmis, 32, pleaded guilty to strangling and killing 20-year-old Fullerton College student Lynsie Ekelund during an attempted rape more than a decade ago. His plea took place at Los Angeles Superior Court Monday. As a result, McAmis will serve a sentence of 15 years to life in prison.
The murder happened in 2001 at McAmis’ Whittier apartment. Nancy and Stewart Ekelund, the victim’s parents, made an impact statement in court.
McAmis confessed to strangling Ekelund after she rejected his sexual advances. He also told investigators that he buried her body in a remote area of Santa Clarita Calif. and led them to the site after his arrest on Oct. 27, 2010.
Ekelund was reported missing by her mother after she did not make it home from a San Diego trip with her friends on Feb. 16, 2001. The disappearance was considered unsolved until 2010, when new evidence was used to arrest McAmis.

To read the full story, click here.

Search for next CSUF president will begin after other CSU president searches conclude

Framroze Virjee replaced Mildred García as the President of Cal State Fullerton on Jan. 1 after his predecessor was

Technology amplifies unhealthy relationship practices

People love to point fingers, find someone to blame to make themselves feel less guilty and play victim; perhaps

‘Den of Thieves’ takes the heist genre into a new realm

Few in American history have pulled off the perfect heist, like the leader of the “Wild Butch Gang,” Butch