Suspect Pleads Guilty to Murder

In Local News, News

Christopher Michael McAmis, 32, pleaded guilty to strangling and killing 20-year-old Fullerton College student Lynsie Ekelund during an attempted rape more than a decade ago. His plea took place at Los Angeles Superior Court Monday. As a result, McAmis will serve a sentence of 15 years to life in prison.
The murder happened in 2001 at McAmis’ Whittier apartment. Nancy and Stewart Ekelund, the victim’s parents, made an impact statement in court.
McAmis confessed to strangling Ekelund after she rejected his sexual advances. He also told investigators that he buried her body in a remote area of Santa Clarita Calif. and led them to the site after his arrest on Oct. 27, 2010.
Ekelund was reported missing by her mother after she did not make it home from a San Diego trip with her friends on Feb. 16, 2001. The disappearance was considered unsolved until 2010, when new evidence was used to arrest McAmis.

To read the full story, click here.

Lecturer Eric Canin to return to CSUF following investigation into misconduct

UPDATE: This article was updated on July 26 at 2:12 p.m. to include comments from College Republicans club president emeritus