NFL: Seau found dead

Former linebacker 48-year-old Junior Seau was found dead Wednesday at his home in Oceanside, Calif., according to the Los Angeles Times.

Authorities said he died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest and are calling it a possible suicide.

Paramedics reportedly tried to revive Seau, but were unsuccessful.

Fans showed up at his eatery, The Restaurant, to offer their condolences.

There was no suicide note, police reported no foul play was suspected and his girlfriend found his body after she returned from a gym.

While police walked in and out of his beachfront home, his family was seen weeping and huddling together in the garage. His mother was distraught.

She was in church when she heard the news.

“I pray to God, ‘Take me, take me, leave my son.’ But it’s too late,” the LA Times reported Seau’s mother as saying.

Seau survived driving his car off a cliff in 2010 after being arrested for a domestic disturbance, according to CBS. He said he had fallen asleep at the wheel.

Seau was an All-American at the University of Southern California. He was a 12-time NFL Pro Bowl linebacker who played 13 seasons with the San Diego Chargers. He then played three seasons with the Miami Dolphins. He signed with the New England Patriots before retiring in 2010.

Titans guard Ian Fox secures mid-season release from men’s basketball team

Titans guard Ian Fox secured his release from the men’s basketball team last week. Neither Fox nor Titan Athletics