NFL: Seau found dead

Former linebacker 48-year-old Junior Seau was found dead Wednesday at his home in Oceanside, Calif., according to the Los Angeles Times.

Authorities said he died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest and are calling it a possible suicide.

Paramedics reportedly tried to revive Seau, but were unsuccessful.

Fans showed up at his eatery, The Restaurant, to offer their condolences.

There was no suicide note, police reported no foul play was suspected and his girlfriend found his body after she returned from a gym.

While police walked in and out of his beachfront home, his family was seen weeping and huddling together in the garage. His mother was distraught.

She was in church when she heard the news.

“I pray to God, ‘Take me, take me, leave my son.’ But it’s too late,” the LA Times reported Seau’s mother as saying.

Seau survived driving his car off a cliff in 2010 after being arrested for a domestic disturbance, according to CBS. He said he had fallen asleep at the wheel.

Seau was an All-American at the University of Southern California. He was a 12-time NFL Pro Bowl linebacker who played 13 seasons with the San Diego Chargers. He then played three seasons with the Miami Dolphins. He signed with the New England Patriots before retiring in 2010.

Cal State Fullerton tennis suffers season-ending loss to Hawaii in Big West Championship semifinals

The Cal State Fullerton women’s tennis team’s record-setting season came to a close with a 4-1 loss to

Cal State Fullerton baseball holds off UCI in 14th straight home win

FULLERTON – After a tough series loss to Cal Poly, No. 14 Cal State Fullerton baseball bounced back with a

Cal State Fullerton tennis knocks off CSU Northridge to move onto Big West semifinals

The Cal State Fullerton women’s tennis team survived a close back-and-forth with Cal State Northridge to move on to