Apple Releases iOS 6

In National News, News

Apple released its new iOS 6 operating system for its phones and tablets at 10 a.m. Wednesday.

The new operating system replaces Google Maps with Apple’s own Maps app. It has features such as tilt-and-rotate, turn-by-turn navigation, and 3-D model maps for big cities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago.

Siri, the voice-recognition app, can recognize more languages and works in more countries now. Users can also open apps through Siri.

IOS 6 no longer has a built-in Youtube app, though users are still able to access the site in their browser.

The operating system is compatible with the iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S and 5 models, the iPod Touch 4 and 5, as well as the iPad 2 and the new iPad.

A photo of Rami Perlman giving advice to CSUF's Music Industry club.

Space Yacht entrepreneur group gives industry advice to CSUF students

Space Yacht, a Los Angeles events collective, was invited by the Cal State Fullerton Music Industry Club on Tuesday

CSUF women's basketball forward Amiee Book waits for a free throw attempt.

Family fuels Amiee Book’s passion of basketball

Ranked second in the Big West in 3-point percentage, international student and CSUF women's basketball freshman forward Amiee Book

Cal State Fullerton women's basketball senior guard Jade Vega dribbles the ball during Cal State Fullerton's women's basketball game against Cal State Northridge.

CSUF women’s basketball looks to snap six game skid

CSUF women’s basketball will look to end their six-game losing streak Thursday night when they host UC Santa Barbara.