Apple Releases iOS 6

In National News, News

Apple released its new iOS 6 operating system for its phones and tablets at 10 a.m. Wednesday.

The new operating system replaces Google Maps with Apple’s own Maps app. It has features such as tilt-and-rotate, turn-by-turn navigation, and 3-D model maps for big cities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago.

Siri, the voice-recognition app, can recognize more languages and works in more countries now. Users can also open apps through Siri.

IOS 6 no longer has a built-in Youtube app, though users are still able to access the site in their browser.

The operating system is compatible with the iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S and 5 models, the iPod Touch 4 and 5, as well as the iPad 2 and the new iPad.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel / Courtesy of Amazon Studios

Review: “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” reaches new heights

The social conservatism in New York during the 1950s only makes Miriam “Midge” Maisel much more marvelous as she

(Danielle Evangelista / Daily Titan)

NCAA disapproves of Marijuana usage for rehabilitation purposes

For student-athletes in college, the ability to use marijuana as a way to help heal themselves during the course

Concept art for new virtual reality experience coming to College of the Arts.

College of the Arts plans to convert a student hotspot into Virtual Reality room

The Department of Visual Arts cell block nestled between animation classrooms 185 and 189 in building E has not