BREAKING: Board of Trustees ratifies faculty union contract

In News, State News

The CSU Board of Trustees ratified a contract agreement between the CSU and the California Faculty Association (CFA) at their meeting Tuesday at the Chancellor’s Office in Long Beach.

The contract will run through June 30, 2014. In addition, the CFA’s threat to strike is set to withdraw, bringing a close to the collective bargaining process between the two sides.

However, the agreement is still on rocky ground. CFA capitol chapter president Kevin Wehr said the collective bargaining agreement is only a short-term solution and when the contract expires in two years, they will have to come up with another one.

“It’s not a perfect contract, but it is a fair contract,” Wehr said. “And in these economic times, it is the best contract we could bargain for.”

The contract, Wehr said, does not address any broad-based compensation increases or workload issues, and compensation increases, he added, are “just not in the cards.”

Cal State Fullerton baseball drops first series of season with loss to Long Beach State

Long Beach– No. 5 Cal State Fullerton (15-7) clinched its first three-game series loss of the season after giving

TV Review: Marvel clamps down with ‘Iron Fist’

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD: The main arc of “Iron Fist” is discussed in the following review, though major revelations are not revealed. 

Board of Trustees vote 11-8 to increase tuition across all 23 CSU campuses

(Todd Hadler / Sarah Wolstoncroft) The Cal State University Board of Trustees elicited student outrage Wednesday after it voted