Escalante named player of the week

In Fall Sports, Sports

Cal State Fullerton senior forward Jesse Escalante was named the Big West Conference men’s soccer Player of the Week for the first time in his career Monday. He helped manage a potent offensive attack for the Titans last week.

Escalante came into his senior season having only six career goals, but he has scored a point in each of the team’s last three games. This includes goals in all three matches last week and in four of Fullerton’s last five contests overall. He currently leads the team in both goals (4) and points (9) and stands second on the team with 14 shots.

Escalante has a penchant for coming up big toward the end of games. He scored late goals in 2-1 and 4-2 losses at Cal State Bakersfield and against Canisius College in Las Vegas but had his biggest impact against Syracuse University at the UNLV Nike Invitational, leading the Titans to their second win of the season. Escalante delivered the game-winning assist on a corner kick that was headed in by sophomore forward Anthony Rosales in the 16th minute. Just four minutes earlier, he netted a goal that tied the match at 1-1.

He finished with nine shots overall for the week, including a season-high four shots against Syracuse. For more information, visit: FullertonTitans.com.

Dean turnover affects college continuity

The College of Communications had four different deans in the past five years, highlighting a turnover trend that is

Former speech therapist finds passion working in the special education department at Cal State Fullerton

Feeling unfulfilled in her job as a speech therapist, a phone call from an old colleague gave Lisa Alexander

Homeless in OC: Theriault House in Stanton gives OC families a home

This story has been updated and clarified on March 16, 2017 at 3:30 p.m.   Families who need emergency