Escalante named player of the week

In Fall Sports, Sports

Cal State Fullerton senior forward Jesse Escalante was named the Big West Conference men’s soccer Player of the Week for the first time in his career Monday. He helped manage a potent offensive attack for the Titans last week.

Escalante came into his senior season having only six career goals, but he has scored a point in each of the team’s last three games. This includes goals in all three matches last week and in four of Fullerton’s last five contests overall. He currently leads the team in both goals (4) and points (9) and stands second on the team with 14 shots.

Escalante has a penchant for coming up big toward the end of games. He scored late goals in 2-1 and 4-2 losses at Cal State Bakersfield and against Canisius College in Las Vegas but had his biggest impact against Syracuse University at the UNLV Nike Invitational, leading the Titans to their second win of the season. Escalante delivered the game-winning assist on a corner kick that was headed in by sophomore forward Anthony Rosales in the 16th minute. Just four minutes earlier, he netted a goal that tied the match at 1-1.

He finished with nine shots overall for the week, including a season-high four shots against Syracuse. For more information, visit: FullertonTitans.com.

Cal State Fullerton baseball drops first series of season with loss to Long Beach State

Long Beach– No. 5 Cal State Fullerton (15-7) clinched its first three-game series loss of the season after giving

TV Review: Marvel clamps down with ‘Iron Fist’

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD: The main arc of “Iron Fist” is discussed in the following review, though major revelations are not revealed. 

Board of Trustees vote 11-8 to increase tuition across all 23 CSU campuses

(Todd Hadler / Sarah Wolstoncroft) The Cal State University Board of Trustees elicited student outrage Wednesday after it voted