Escalante named player of the week

In Fall Sports, Sports

Cal State Fullerton senior forward Jesse Escalante was named the Big West Conference men’s soccer Player of the Week for the first time in his career Monday. He helped manage a potent offensive attack for the Titans last week.

Escalante came into his senior season having only six career goals, but he has scored a point in each of the team’s last three games. This includes goals in all three matches last week and in four of Fullerton’s last five contests overall. He currently leads the team in both goals (4) and points (9) and stands second on the team with 14 shots.

Escalante has a penchant for coming up big toward the end of games. He scored late goals in 2-1 and 4-2 losses at Cal State Bakersfield and against Canisius College in Las Vegas but had his biggest impact against Syracuse University at the UNLV Nike Invitational, leading the Titans to their second win of the season. Escalante delivered the game-winning assist on a corner kick that was headed in by sophomore forward Anthony Rosales in the 16th minute. Just four minutes earlier, he netted a goal that tied the match at 1-1.

He finished with nine shots overall for the week, including a season-high four shots against Syracuse. For more information, visit: FullertonTitans.com.

Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball can’t hang loss on Hawaii

Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball rolled into Hawaii on a four-game winning streak, but left with a 64-58 loss

Cal State Fullerton women’s basketball recap: Titans lose 10th consecutive game

Fullerton – In its last game of the season at Titan Gym, Cal State Fullerton women’s basketball was unable

Cal State Fullerton baseball evens series with UNLV with 4-1 win

Following a disappointing 6-1 loss on Friday, Cal State Fullerton baseball (3-3) got revenge on the UNLV Rebels (3-3)