Escalante named player of the week

In Fall Sports, Sports

Cal State Fullerton senior forward Jesse Escalante was named the Big West Conference men’s soccer Player of the Week for the first time in his career Monday. He helped manage a potent offensive attack for the Titans last week.

Escalante came into his senior season having only six career goals, but he has scored a point in each of the team’s last three games. This includes goals in all three matches last week and in four of Fullerton’s last five contests overall. He currently leads the team in both goals (4) and points (9) and stands second on the team with 14 shots.

Escalante has a penchant for coming up big toward the end of games. He scored late goals in 2-1 and 4-2 losses at Cal State Bakersfield and against Canisius College in Las Vegas but had his biggest impact against Syracuse University at the UNLV Nike Invitational, leading the Titans to their second win of the season. Escalante delivered the game-winning assist on a corner kick that was headed in by sophomore forward Anthony Rosales in the 16th minute. Just four minutes earlier, he netted a goal that tied the match at 1-1.

He finished with nine shots overall for the week, including a season-high four shots against Syracuse. For more information, visit: FullertonTitans.com.

CSUF men’s soccer falls 2-1 to Pacific in first round of NCAA tournament

STOCKTON, Calif. – The Titans accepted the end of their 2017-18 season by falling to the ground on the

‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ contestants and producers open up about the shows impact on the LGBTQ community

When Von Nguyen, better known as Kimora Blac, got into drag at 18, he only knew the four people

Estimated cost of Milo Yiannopoulos’ appearance at CSUF currently $90,000

Current estimates by Cal State Fullerton suggest there will be an approximate $90,000 price tag for Milo Yiannopoulos’ Oct.