One killed, one badly wounded in Anaheim shooting

In Local News, News

One man died and another was fighting for his life after both were found shot inside an SUV Wednesday in what investigators suspected was a gang-related attack, said police.

Ramon Magana, 22, of Anaheim, died on arrival at a hospital following the 10:45 p.m. shooting in the 100 block of North La Reina Circle, said Anaheim police Sgt. Bob Dunn.

The second victim, described as a man in his 20s, was hospitalized in critical condition, Dunn said. His injuries were considered to be life-threatening.

No suspect description or circumstances of the shooting were available, police said.
Officers responded to reports of gunshots when they discovered a red Chevrolet Blazer SUV sitting in the street, according to the sergeant.

“The officers found two people inside, suffering from at least one gunshot wound each,” Dunn said.

The shooting was initially believed to be gang-related, and detectives were looking into possible gang ties on the parts of the victims.

Anyone with information was asked to contact the Anaheim Police Department at 714-765-1900.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel / Courtesy of Amazon Studios

Review: “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” reaches new heights

The social conservatism in New York during the 1950s only makes Miriam “Midge” Maisel much more marvelous as she

(Danielle Evangelista / Daily Titan)

NCAA disapproves of Marijuana usage for rehabilitation purposes

For student-athletes in college, the ability to use marijuana as a way to help heal themselves during the course

Concept art for new virtual reality experience coming to College of the Arts.

College of the Arts plans to convert a student hotspot into Virtual Reality room

The Department of Visual Arts cell block nestled between animation classrooms 185 and 189 in building E has not