One killed, one badly wounded in Anaheim shooting

In Local News, News

One man died and another was fighting for his life after both were found shot inside an SUV Wednesday in what investigators suspected was a gang-related attack, said police.

Ramon Magana, 22, of Anaheim, died on arrival at a hospital following the 10:45 p.m. shooting in the 100 block of North La Reina Circle, said Anaheim police Sgt. Bob Dunn.

The second victim, described as a man in his 20s, was hospitalized in critical condition, Dunn said. His injuries were considered to be life-threatening.

No suspect description or circumstances of the shooting were available, police said.
Officers responded to reports of gunshots when they discovered a red Chevrolet Blazer SUV sitting in the street, according to the sergeant.

“The officers found two people inside, suffering from at least one gunshot wound each,” Dunn said.

The shooting was initially believed to be gang-related, and detectives were looking into possible gang ties on the parts of the victims.

Anyone with information was asked to contact the Anaheim Police Department at 714-765-1900.

Photo Illustration showing a housing development.

Proposition 1 could authorize bonds to fund housing

Proposition 1, known as the Housing Programs and Veterans’ Loan Bond, would authorize bonds to fund housing assistance programs,

One pumpkin has the same medicinal benefits as supplements from the pharmacy.

Here’s why pumpkins are the superfood of the fall season

Despite the Southern California sun, fall is in full swing and the pumpkins are here to stay. Although this

A police bus blows smoke on the site of the maze.

The 17th Door provides thrillseekers in Fullerton with hair-raising maze

The 17th Door in Fullerton is easy to miss; the only thing leading thrillseekers in the right direction is