Armstrong stripped of medals, possibly millions

In News, World News

Lance Armstrong, the 41-year-old cycling legend, was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles Monday after the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency found “overwhelming” evidence connecting him to a doping program.

The agency announced that Armstrong, who was tested 218 times for doping, would also be banned from the sport altogether.

Following the announcement, the French Cycling Federation said it is demanding Armstrong to return the nearly $4 million he won in the tours.

SCA Promotions, a Texas insurance company that promised bonuses if Armstrong won the Tour De France, is also seeking their money back that could total up to $12 million.

Sponsors like Nike, Radioshack and Oakley have left Armstrong’s team, but have vowed to remain supportive of his cancer-fighting foundation known as Livestrong.

The cycling union will discuss later this week whether or not the seven Tour de France titles should be awarded to another cyclist.

Lecturer Eric Canin to return to CSUF following investigation into misconduct

UPDATE: This article was updated on July 26 at 2:12 p.m. to include comments from College Republicans club president emeritus