Brown steps in to lower gas prices

In News, State News

Gas prices rose to a record-breaking $4.66 a gallon this past week, according to the AAA Fuel Gauge Report. Prices jumped by more than 17 cents in a 24-hour period last week. However, according to the Los Angeles Times, analysts expect price hikes to slow down.

Gov. Jerry Brown decided Sunday to allow oil refineries to begin processing “the less expensive winter blend of fuel three weeks early” to help slow the steep price increases.

Typically, the cheaper winter blend of gas is not sold until after October because the blend evaporates quicker than the summer blend and is considered to be more environmentally damaging.

Wholesale gas prices, the price of gas before state and federal taxes, were recorded at $3.30 yesterday compared to the wholesale price of $4.39 last week.

Analysts have stated that as long as there are no new problems with the oil refineries, gas prices should not increase anymore.

The renovated Universal Cinema at CityWalk offers laser projection, recliner seats and cocktails

Hollywood directors Steven Spielberg and Jordan Peele were among the esteemed guests celebrating the opening of Universal Studios’ new

All the Arts for All the Kids Foundation hosts a charitable auction for children’s education at the Fullerton Museum Plaza

Tables were lined up beneath a white canopy where an array of art pieces from hundreds of artists were

Young Theatre hosts a sexy and cliche ‘Wild Party’

Somewhere in between “Chicago” and “The Great Gatsby” lies the vibrant themes and catchy tunes of Tony-nominated producer Andrew