Brown steps in to lower gas prices

In News, State News

Gas prices rose to a record-breaking $4.66 a gallon this past week, according to the AAA Fuel Gauge Report. Prices jumped by more than 17 cents in a 24-hour period last week. However, according to the Los Angeles Times, analysts expect price hikes to slow down.

Gov. Jerry Brown decided Sunday to allow oil refineries to begin processing “the less expensive winter blend of fuel three weeks early” to help slow the steep price increases.

Typically, the cheaper winter blend of gas is not sold until after October because the blend evaporates quicker than the summer blend and is considered to be more environmentally damaging.

Wholesale gas prices, the price of gas before state and federal taxes, were recorded at $3.30 yesterday compared to the wholesale price of $4.39 last week.

Analysts have stated that as long as there are no new problems with the oil refineries, gas prices should not increase anymore.

Hundreds of thousands march in Los Angeles and Orange County following inauguration

Hundreds of thousands of people attended women’s marches in Los Angeles and Santa Ana last weekend to promote

Former governor Michael Dukakis talks political policies at CSUF

(Photo by Katie Albertson / Daily Titan) Michael Dukakis, a professor, former three-term Democratic Massachusetts governor and the Democratic

Cal State Fullerton’s first female black president dies on New Year’s Day

(Photo courtesy of CSUF) Cal State Fullerton’s first black female president Jewel Plummer Cobb died at the age of