Brown steps in to lower gas prices

In News, State News

Gas prices rose to a record-breaking $4.66 a gallon this past week, according to the AAA Fuel Gauge Report. Prices jumped by more than 17 cents in a 24-hour period last week. However, according to the Los Angeles Times, analysts expect price hikes to slow down.

Gov. Jerry Brown decided Sunday to allow oil refineries to begin processing “the less expensive winter blend of fuel three weeks early” to help slow the steep price increases.

Typically, the cheaper winter blend of gas is not sold until after October because the blend evaporates quicker than the summer blend and is considered to be more environmentally damaging.

Wholesale gas prices, the price of gas before state and federal taxes, were recorded at $3.30 yesterday compared to the wholesale price of $4.39 last week.

Analysts have stated that as long as there are no new problems with the oil refineries, gas prices should not increase anymore.

Search for next CSUF president will begin after other CSU president searches conclude

Framroze Virjee replaced Mildred García as the President of Cal State Fullerton on Jan. 1 after his predecessor was

Technology amplifies unhealthy relationship practices

People love to point fingers, find someone to blame to make themselves feel less guilty and play victim; perhaps

‘Den of Thieves’ takes the heist genre into a new realm

Few in American history have pulled off the perfect heist, like the leader of the “Wild Butch Gang,” Butch