Castro denies “deathbed” rumors

In National News, News

Former leader of Cuba, Fidel Castro, denied media rumors that he is on his deathbed and has photos to prove it.

According to Fox News, Fidel’s son, Alex Castro, leaked photos of his father leaning against a cane looking alive and well early Monday.

The photos were published in the article, ironically titled “Fidel is Dying,” on the state-run Cubadebate website.

Castro, 86, has been kept out of the public eye since March when he visited Pope Benedict XVI. He has also not regularly written for “Reflections,” a collection of opinion pieces, since June which added to public speculation that he may be ill.

“I stopped publishing Reflections because it was really not my role to take up pages in our press which are needed for other work the country requires,” said Castro.

Castro also noted that he does not suffer from headaches and called out a Venezuelan doctor who told Spain’s ABC newspaper that Castro had only weeks to live.

Dean turnover affects college continuity

The College of Communications had four different deans in the past five years, highlighting a turnover trend that is

Former speech therapist finds passion working in the special education department at Cal State Fullerton

Feeling unfulfilled in her job as a speech therapist, a phone call from an old colleague gave Lisa Alexander

Homeless in OC: Theriault House in Stanton gives OC families a home

This story has been updated and clarified on March 16, 2017 at 3:30 p.m.   Families who need emergency