Castro denies “deathbed” rumors

In National News, News

Former leader of Cuba, Fidel Castro, denied media rumors that he is on his deathbed and has photos to prove it.

According to Fox News, Fidel’s son, Alex Castro, leaked photos of his father leaning against a cane looking alive and well early Monday.

The photos were published in the article, ironically titled “Fidel is Dying,” on the state-run Cubadebate website.

Castro, 86, has been kept out of the public eye since March when he visited Pope Benedict XVI. He has also not regularly written for “Reflections,” a collection of opinion pieces, since June which added to public speculation that he may be ill.

“I stopped publishing Reflections because it was really not my role to take up pages in our press which are needed for other work the country requires,” said Castro.

Castro also noted that he does not suffer from headaches and called out a Venezuelan doctor who told Spain’s ABC newspaper that Castro had only weeks to live.

Cal State Fullerton Baseball has four players selected on third day of 2017 MLB Draft

With Cal State Fullerton baseball’s first game in the College World Series just days away, four Titans were drafted