Castro denies “deathbed” rumors

In National News, News

Former leader of Cuba, Fidel Castro, denied media rumors that he is on his deathbed and has photos to prove it.

According to Fox News, Fidel’s son, Alex Castro, leaked photos of his father leaning against a cane looking alive and well early Monday.

The photos were published in the article, ironically titled “Fidel is Dying,” on the state-run Cubadebate website.

Castro, 86, has been kept out of the public eye since March when he visited Pope Benedict XVI. He has also not regularly written for “Reflections,” a collection of opinion pieces, since June which added to public speculation that he may be ill.

“I stopped publishing Reflections because it was really not my role to take up pages in our press which are needed for other work the country requires,” said Castro.

Castro also noted that he does not suffer from headaches and called out a Venezuelan doctor who told Spain’s ABC newspaper that Castro had only weeks to live.

Cal State Fullerton baseball drops first series of season with loss to Long Beach State

Long Beach– No. 5 Cal State Fullerton (15-7) clinched its first three-game series loss of the season after giving

TV Review: Marvel clamps down with ‘Iron Fist’

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD: The main arc of “Iron Fist” is discussed in the following review, though major revelations are not revealed. 

Board of Trustees vote 11-8 to increase tuition across all 23 CSU campuses

(Todd Hadler / Sarah Wolstoncroft) The Cal State University Board of Trustees elicited student outrage Wednesday after it voted