Child dies in a gang-related shooting

In Local News, News

A 14-year-old boy died Tuesday during an apparent gang-related gun battle in a residential alley in Anaheim, police said.

Jose Perez of Anaheim was pronounced dead at the scene of the shooting, said Deputy Daniel Aikin of the Coroner Division of the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.

A handgun was found next to the teen’s body, who was described by Anaheim police Sgt. Bob Dunn as a “documented gang member.”

The shooting took place just before 7 p.m. in an alley to the east of the 800 block of South Claudina Street, just north of Vermont Avenue.

“We get a call of gang members in the alley shooting,” Dunn said. “When we get there, we’re directed to the victim.”

Officers found the wounded 14-year-old boy lying wounded on the south side of Vermont Avenue, just east of Claudina Street, Dunn said.

A description of the killer or killers was unavailable, Dunn said.

A green SUV that was parked along the street was struck by gunfire, he added, though it was not believed to be related to either the shooting victim or suspects.

Anyone with information can contact the Anaheim Police Department at (714) 765-1900.

The nightlife in Dotonbori features fluorescent lights, street food vendors and local bars.

Column: Two brothers reunited in Japan

When I woke from my nap, my body was still strapped to the coffin-like dimensions of my seat. The

A photo of transfer student Julian Serrano in front of Cal State Fullerton sign.

Column: From a Mt. San Antonio Mountie to a CSUF Titan

At the age of 17 I began my first semester at Mt. San Antonio College. I recall feeling overwhelmed

A photo of visitors at the Shwedagon Pagoda.

Column: A glimpse into Myanmar culture

California may be the Golden State, but about 7,785 miles across the Pacific Ocean is the “Golden Land” of

One commentOn Child dies in a gang-related shooting

• LADARIUS BURNETT

rip jose perez u were da homie n u waqs there thru good times n bad i hope 1 day we can see eachother again n kik it like we use to rip dog