Clown is sentenced for kidnapping and raping girl

In Local News, News

An Orange County Superior Court judge sentenced a professional clown to 10 years in prison Wednesday for kidnapping a 12-year-old girl from a Fullerton fast-food restaurant and raping her more than a decade ago, authorities said.

Jose Guadalupe Jimenez, 43, of Anaheim received the sentence under a plea deal, Orange County District Attorney’s officials said in a written statement.

Jimenez, who worked as a clown and performed under the name, “El Tin Marin,” pleaded guilty to one count of committing lewd acts on a child under 14 and one count of forcible lewd acts on a child under 14, officials said.

“The negotiated plea was a result of the totality of the evidence of the case, availability of witnesses and wishes of the victim,” according to the district attorney’s office statement.

While dressed as a clown, Jimenez grabbed the 12-year-old victim from outside a Taco Bell restaurant at Lemon and Commonwealth Avenues in Fullerton and pulled her into his car on Jan. 19, 2002, officials said. He then drove her to another location where he raped her before taking her to a Fullerton motel.

The case went cold until late 2010, when Jimenez was arrested in connection with an unrelated child battery case.

Forensic investigators linked DNA sampled from him due to that case to the unsolved sex crime in early 2011, district attorney’s officials said.

Upon his release from prison, Jimenez will be required to register as a sex offender for life.

Hundreds of thousands march in Los Angeles and Orange County following inauguration

Hundreds of thousands of people attended women’s marches in Los Angeles and Santa Ana last weekend to promote

Former governor Michael Dukakis talks political policies at CSUF

(Photo by Katie Albertson / Daily Titan) Michael Dukakis, a professor, former three-term Democratic Massachusetts governor and the Democratic

Cal State Fullerton’s first female black president dies on New Year’s Day

(Photo courtesy of CSUF) Cal State Fullerton’s first black female president Jewel Plummer Cobb died at the age of