Flexible phones hit market

In News

The idea of pinching and swiping the screens on phones has been accomplished by a Japanese company, NTT Docomo, which has invented phones capable of being squished and pinched to perform functions.

The phone is not only sensitive to screen touches but also to pressure applied to the sides. This has all been done to make controlling the phone easier with one hand.

The phone is capable of external functions due to 270 sensors embedded in its body. For example, gripping the sides of the phone with all five fingers will unlock the screen.

The Nokia phone will use Samsung-developed flexible organic light-emitting display (OLED). NTT Docomo combines the technology of OLED with haptics (the study of touch) to create a phone fitting the best of both worlds.

Exterior shot of the CSUF emblem

Cal State Universities work to improve sustainability efforts

Sustainability is becoming more important to all Cal State Universities as each university has agreed to comply with specific

Where CSUF’s water comes from and how it’s maintained

Cal State Fullerton’s water supply comes from the city of Fullerton, which gets its water from the Metropolitan Water

Cal State Fullerton’s commuter culture negatively impacts air quality on campus

Commuter behavior poses a threat to Cal State Fullerton’s ability to meet air quality pollution standards set by the