Rocket car to set world record in ‘13

In News, World News

A British rocket project, nicknamed “Bloodhound SCC,” commenced its first round of testing a hybrid rocket Oct. 4. Bloodhound hopes to break the world record for fastest speed ever recorded by a land vehicle in 2013, according to CNN.

The rocket will be manned by Royal Air Force pilot Andy Green on a test track in South Africa, where British engineers hope that breaking the record will encourage up and coming British engineers.

The rocket car runs on a type of synthetic solid rubber to fuel its engine capable of producing 750 horsepower. In order to break the current world record, the rocket will need to travel faster than 763 miles per hour.

The project leader, Daniel Jubb, 28, said he hopes to attract the attention and imagination of British youth and end the drought in British engineers. In addition to setting a new world record, Bloodhound will be breaking new ground in the fields of aerodynamics, sustainable energy and computational fluid dynamics.

Ruben Cardenas swings at a ball

Bad words lead to an ejection for Ruben Cardenas and a 5-2 loss for CSUF baseball

A late run by CSUF baseball right fielder Jairus Richards wasn’t enough to stretch the Titans winning streak, as

Dwight Ramos celebrates winning the Big West with his Titans teammates.

Dwight Ramos departs Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball team in search of a larger role at another school

The reigning Big West champions will have an opening on the wing to fill heading into next season, as

CSUF Associated Students holds closed election hearings; expert says meetings were illegal

Associated Students violated a California open meeting law over the last two weeks by failing to post agendas for