Rocket car to set world record in ‘13

In News, World News

A British rocket project, nicknamed “Bloodhound SCC,” commenced its first round of testing a hybrid rocket Oct. 4. Bloodhound hopes to break the world record for fastest speed ever recorded by a land vehicle in 2013, according to CNN.

The rocket will be manned by Royal Air Force pilot Andy Green on a test track in South Africa, where British engineers hope that breaking the record will encourage up and coming British engineers.

The rocket car runs on a type of synthetic solid rubber to fuel its engine capable of producing 750 horsepower. In order to break the current world record, the rocket will need to travel faster than 763 miles per hour.

The project leader, Daniel Jubb, 28, said he hopes to attract the attention and imagination of British youth and end the drought in British engineers. In addition to setting a new world record, Bloodhound will be breaking new ground in the fields of aerodynamics, sustainable energy and computational fluid dynamics.

The empty lot of city land that could be the potential new home for the Pathways of Hope Keystone Project.

Pathways of Hope proposes Keystone project to city council to reduce homelessness in OC

Pathways of Hope, a local nonprofit organization, has created the Keystone project in an effort to combat homelessness specifically

Joanne Ferchland-Parella one of three finalists for associate vice president position

Joanne Ferchland-Parella is one of three finalists for the open position of associate vice president for University Advancement —

Pecic working in a lab.

Cal State Fullerton welcomes new tenure-track professor

Cal State Fullerton’s College of Natural Sciences & Mathematics grew this summer after welcoming professor Stevan Pecic, Ph.D., to