Sandusky to serve 30 to 60 years

In National News, News

The verdict is in: Jerry Sandusky, former Penn State assistant football coach, was sentenced to between 30 and 60 years in prison on Tuesday for sexually abusing children.

The sentence has come four months after he was convicted in June of sexually abusing 10 boys over a 15-year-period.

Four of Sandusky’s victims attended the trial where they addressed the court and even Sandusky himself.

“I will not forgive you, Jerry Sandusky. I will not forgive you, but I ask that all the other victims forgive me for not coming forward sooner,” one victim said, according to Jean Casarez of In Session.

Sandusky maintained his innocence, insisting several times in court that he did not do the acts he was accused of. According to the New York Times, Sandusky made remarks that resembled a “pregame motivational speech,” and became emotional while discussing how he had not been able to see his family.

The sentence calls for a minimum of 30 years and a maximum of 60 years, essentially life imprisonment for the 68-year-old.

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller briefing President Barack Obama about the Boston Bombing

Mueller report finds no evidence of Trump conspiring with Russia

The investigation of President Donald Trump and his campaign led by Robert S. Mueller III was released Sunday. The report

Editorial: From Michelle Obama to Malala Yousafzai, women deserve to be recognized

As a nod to Women’s History Month, it is important to have this special women’s issue to remind everyone

A drawing of alexandria ocasio-cortez with two other women standing behind her and a flag also with the symbol for female is behind them

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a powerful presence in politics

The Democrats have a new media darling worthy of the spotlight: New York House of Representatives member Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,