Van der Sloot soon to be father

In News, World News

Joran van der Sloot, 28, convicted killer of Stephany Flores in Peru and a suspect in the disappearance of U.S. teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba, may or may not be preparing to become a father.

Van der Sloot, who is currently serving a 28-year sentence in a Peruvian prison for Flores’ death, has been reported by the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf to have conceived a child with a woman they identified as “Leidi” during an unsupervised visit.

De Telegraaf reported that they confirmed the pregnancy over the phone with Van der Sloot.

Van der Sloot’s lawyer, Maximo Altez, denied the news and also told ABC News that the woman, whose real name is Carol Figueroa Uceda, is not pregnant.

ABC News reported that Uceda was also rumored to be pregnant in June 2011 with Van der Sloot’s child.

Van der Sloot has had regular conjugal visits with Uceda, who is registered as his girlfriend at Piedras Gordas Prison.

Lecturer Eric Canin to return to CSUF following investigation into misconduct

Anthropology lecturer Eric Canin will return to teach at Cal State Fullerton this fall after Arbitrator Jan Stiglitz concluded