Van der Sloot soon to be father

In News, World News

Joran van der Sloot, 28, convicted killer of Stephany Flores in Peru and a suspect in the disappearance of U.S. teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba, may or may not be preparing to become a father.

Van der Sloot, who is currently serving a 28-year sentence in a Peruvian prison for Flores’ death, has been reported by the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf to have conceived a child with a woman they identified as “Leidi” during an unsupervised visit.

De Telegraaf reported that they confirmed the pregnancy over the phone with Van der Sloot.

Van der Sloot’s lawyer, Maximo Altez, denied the news and also told ABC News that the woman, whose real name is Carol Figueroa Uceda, is not pregnant.

ABC News reported that Uceda was also rumored to be pregnant in June 2011 with Van der Sloot’s child.

Van der Sloot has had regular conjugal visits with Uceda, who is registered as his girlfriend at Piedras Gordas Prison.

Cal State Fullerton’s first female black president dies on New Year’s Day

Cal State Fullerton’s first black female president Jewel Plummer Cobb died at the age of 92 due to complications

Red Oak, interim city manager approved

(Photo by Bailey Carpenter / Daily Titan) Over 100 Fullerton residents congregated in the Fullerton City Chambers for the

Point-In-Time Count homeless census seeks volunteers

Orange County organizers of the biennial Point-In-Time Count are seeking Cal State Fullerton volunteers to assist with the homeless