Candidates announced for Hall of Fame

In National News, News

Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa and Roger Clemens were among the 24 players announced as first-time candidates for the National Baseball Hall of Fame Wednesday. According to the Associated Press, the current ballot of potential inductees lists a total of 37 eligible players.

More than 600 members of the Baseball Writers’ Association of America (BBWA) will choose a total of ten players to induct with results being announced on Jan. 9. Players require 75 percent of the vote to be inducted. Other first time eligibles include Mike Piazza, Craig Biggio and Curt Schilling.

Bonds, Sosa and Clemens remain eligible despite allegations of performance enhancing drug use over the last decade. Most recently in June, Clemens was acquitted before the Supreme Court on all charges of steroid use and obstruction of justice.

Despite, early indications by several BBWA members suggest they will not vote for any of the three players due to their association with baseball’s “Steroid Era.”

Cal State Fullerton tennis suffers season-ending loss to Hawaii in Big West Championship semifinals

The Cal State Fullerton women’s tennis team’s record-setting season came to a close with a 4-1 loss to

Cal State Fullerton baseball holds off UCI in 14th straight home win

FULLERTON – After a tough series loss to Cal Poly, No. 14 Cal State Fullerton baseball bounced back with a

Cal State Fullerton tennis knocks off CSU Northridge to move onto Big West semifinals

The Cal State Fullerton women’s tennis team survived a close back-and-forth with Cal State Northridge to move on to