Elmo puppeteer on leave amid under-age sex scandal

In News

The anonymous man who made allegations of an “under-age sexual relationship” with Sesame Street puppeteer Kevin Clash recanted his statements Tuesday.

The man, now 24, had claimed to be involved with the now 52-year-old Clash when he was only 16 years old.

According to the New York Times blog Media Decoder, this comes a day after the claim was released by the law firm Andreozzi & Associates, who represent the nameless man; Sesame Workshop first fielded an accusation from him back in June.

Clash, best known for voicing and puppeteering “Elmo” on the popular PBS program, released a statement Tuesday expressing his relief the allegation had been addressed, but said he would not discuss matters further. He announced Monday that he would be taking a leave of absence from Sesame Street while the claims were cleared.

Currently, Sesame Workshop has not given any timeline for when or if Clash will return to work, but has shown support for the puppeteer. The production of Sesame Street has been reportedly uninterrupted during the scandal.

Hundreds of thousands march in Los Angeles and Orange County following inauguration

Hundreds of thousands of people attended women’s marches in Los Angeles and Santa Ana last weekend to promote

Former governor Michael Dukakis talks political policies at CSUF

(Photo by Katie Albertson / Daily Titan) Michael Dukakis, a professor, former three-term Democratic Massachusetts governor and the Democratic

Cal State Fullerton’s first female black president dies on New Year’s Day

(Photo courtesy of CSUF) Cal State Fullerton’s first black female president Jewel Plummer Cobb died at the age of