Elmo puppeteer on leave amid under-age sex scandal

In News

The anonymous man who made allegations of an “under-age sexual relationship” with Sesame Street puppeteer Kevin Clash recanted his statements Tuesday.

The man, now 24, had claimed to be involved with the now 52-year-old Clash when he was only 16 years old.

According to the New York Times blog Media Decoder, this comes a day after the claim was released by the law firm Andreozzi & Associates, who represent the nameless man; Sesame Workshop first fielded an accusation from him back in June.

Clash, best known for voicing and puppeteering “Elmo” on the popular PBS program, released a statement Tuesday expressing his relief the allegation had been addressed, but said he would not discuss matters further. He announced Monday that he would be taking a leave of absence from Sesame Street while the claims were cleared.

Currently, Sesame Workshop has not given any timeline for when or if Clash will return to work, but has shown support for the puppeteer. The production of Sesame Street has been reportedly uninterrupted during the scandal.

The renovated Universal Cinema at CityWalk offers laser projection, recliner seats and cocktails

Hollywood directors Steven Spielberg and Jordan Peele were among the esteemed guests celebrating the opening of Universal Studios’ new

All the Arts for All the Kids Foundation hosts a charitable auction for children’s education at the Fullerton Museum Plaza

Tables were lined up beneath a white canopy where an array of art pieces from hundreds of artists were

Young Theatre hosts a sexy and cliche ‘Wild Party’

Somewhere in between “Chicago” and “The Great Gatsby” lies the vibrant themes and catchy tunes of Tony-nominated producer Andrew