Elmo puppeteer on leave amid under-age sex scandal

In News

The anonymous man who made allegations of an “under-age sexual relationship” with Sesame Street puppeteer Kevin Clash recanted his statements Tuesday.

The man, now 24, had claimed to be involved with the now 52-year-old Clash when he was only 16 years old.

According to the New York Times blog Media Decoder, this comes a day after the claim was released by the law firm Andreozzi & Associates, who represent the nameless man; Sesame Workshop first fielded an accusation from him back in June.

Clash, best known for voicing and puppeteering “Elmo” on the popular PBS program, released a statement Tuesday expressing his relief the allegation had been addressed, but said he would not discuss matters further. He announced Monday that he would be taking a leave of absence from Sesame Street while the claims were cleared.

Currently, Sesame Workshop has not given any timeline for when or if Clash will return to work, but has shown support for the puppeteer. The production of Sesame Street has been reportedly uninterrupted during the scandal.

Titans guard Ian Fox secures mid-season release from men’s basketball team

Titans guard Ian Fox secured his release from the men’s basketball team last week. Neither Fox nor Titan Athletics