Former campaign rivals set to share quiet lunch

In National News, News

Newly re-elected President Barack Obama will convene with former rival candidate Mitt Romney for the first post election meeting Thursday, according the Washington Post.

The private lunch will take place in the White House’s private dining room, free of press coverage.

Romney’s bitter comments that Obama won presidency because of the “gifts” the president provided to blacks, Hispanics and young voters has decreased Romney supporters.

Although there is no formal agenda for the sit-down, White House spokesman Jay Carney said Obama was looking forward to having a “useful discussion” with Romney.

The private lunch is expected to be their “most extensive private meeting ever,” according to the Washington Post.

During Romney’s stay in Washington, he will also meet with his former running mate Paul Ryan.

Since his loss in the Nov. 6 election, Romney has “virtually disappeared” from politics, made no public appearances and spent much time with his family instead.

Over a thousand marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian