“Gangnam Style” gallops to the top

In News, World News

The most unlikely pop hit of the year has officially pushed “Bieber Fever” off the top spot of YouTube.

According to CNN, Korean pop-star and rapper PSY has netted 806 million views with his music video “Gangnam Style.” Justin Bieber had previously held the crown with 803 million views on his music video “Baby.”

PSY, whose real name is Park Jae-Sang, is featured in the video with full tuxedo and glasses displaying his signature galloping dance.

The video has helped PSY break into American pop culture, landing him appearances on shows such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and even dancing alongside pop superstar Madonna.

In October, “Gangnam Style” scored a Guinness World Record for the “most liked” YouTube video ever.

“Gangnam” is one of the most affluent districts of Seoul, South Korea and PSY has described the song as nothing but embracing the party spirit of that area.

“I described the district as normal and calm in the daytime and going insane in the nighttime,” PSY told CNN. “That’s what the lyrics are about.”

Search for next CSUF president will begin after other CSU president searches conclude

Framroze Virjee replaced Mildred García as the President of Cal State Fullerton on Jan. 1 after his predecessor was

Technology amplifies unhealthy relationship practices

People love to point fingers, find someone to blame to make themselves feel less guilty and play victim; perhaps

‘Den of Thieves’ takes the heist genre into a new realm

Few in American history have pulled off the perfect heist, like the leader of the “Wild Butch Gang,” Butch