“Gangnam Style” gallops to the top

In News, World News

The most unlikely pop hit of the year has officially pushed “Bieber Fever” off the top spot of YouTube.

According to CNN, Korean pop-star and rapper PSY has netted 806 million views with his music video “Gangnam Style.” Justin Bieber had previously held the crown with 803 million views on his music video “Baby.”

PSY, whose real name is Park Jae-Sang, is featured in the video with full tuxedo and glasses displaying his signature galloping dance.

The video has helped PSY break into American pop culture, landing him appearances on shows such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and even dancing alongside pop superstar Madonna.

In October, “Gangnam Style” scored a Guinness World Record for the “most liked” YouTube video ever.

“Gangnam” is one of the most affluent districts of Seoul, South Korea and PSY has described the song as nothing but embracing the party spirit of that area.

“I described the district as normal and calm in the daytime and going insane in the nighttime,” PSY told CNN. “That’s what the lyrics are about.”

Hundreds of thousands march in Los Angeles and Orange County following inauguration

Hundreds of thousands of people attended women’s marches in Los Angeles and Santa Ana last weekend to promote

Former governor Michael Dukakis talks political policies at CSUF

(Photo by Katie Albertson / Daily Titan) Michael Dukakis, a professor, former three-term Democratic Massachusetts governor and the Democratic

Cal State Fullerton’s first female black president dies on New Year’s Day

(Photo courtesy of CSUF) Cal State Fullerton’s first black female president Jewel Plummer Cobb died at the age of