“Gangnam Style” gallops to the top

In News, World News

The most unlikely pop hit of the year has officially pushed “Bieber Fever” off the top spot of YouTube.

According to CNN, Korean pop-star and rapper PSY has netted 806 million views with his music video “Gangnam Style.” Justin Bieber had previously held the crown with 803 million views on his music video “Baby.”

PSY, whose real name is Park Jae-Sang, is featured in the video with full tuxedo and glasses displaying his signature galloping dance.

The video has helped PSY break into American pop culture, landing him appearances on shows such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and even dancing alongside pop superstar Madonna.

In October, “Gangnam Style” scored a Guinness World Record for the “most liked” YouTube video ever.

“Gangnam” is one of the most affluent districts of Seoul, South Korea and PSY has described the song as nothing but embracing the party spirit of that area.

“I described the district as normal and calm in the daytime and going insane in the nighttime,” PSY told CNN. “That’s what the lyrics are about.”

The renovated Universal Cinema at CityWalk offers laser projection, recliner seats and cocktails

Hollywood directors Steven Spielberg and Jordan Peele were among the esteemed guests celebrating the opening of Universal Studios’ new

All the Arts for All the Kids Foundation hosts a charitable auction for children’s education at the Fullerton Museum Plaza

Tables were lined up beneath a white canopy where an array of art pieces from hundreds of artists were

Young Theatre hosts a sexy and cliche ‘Wild Party’

Somewhere in between “Chicago” and “The Great Gatsby” lies the vibrant themes and catchy tunes of Tony-nominated producer Andrew