Glass pieces found in cholesterol drug

In National News, News

Popular cholesterol drug manufacturer Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc. has recalled more than 40 batches of their product, warning that it may contain small particles of glass, according to CNN.

Ranbaxy is recalled its 10-, 20- and 40-milligram tablets of atorvastatin calcium. A total of 41 lots of 90- and 500- bottles are subject to be recalled at retail level.

The small glass particles, which are may be found in select Ranbaxy products, are estimated to be less than 1 millimeter in size.

“Ranbaxy is proactively recalling the drug product lots out of an abundance of caution, and in keeping the safety of our customers in mind,” the company’s U.S. subsidiary said in a statement.

In 2006 and 2008, two Ranbaxy plants came under fire for its conditions from Food and Drug Administration officials. This led to the January 2012 agreement with the Justice Department that said Ranbaxy submitted false data to the FDA and stopped the company from making drugs for the American market until U.S. standards were met.

Cal State Fullerton Men’s Basketball optimistic entering Big West Conference play

Following a 99-56 blowout win over Bethesda, Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball enters conference play looking primed for success.

New dean of library appointed

Cal State Fullerton has appointed Clement Guthro to fill the new position of dean of the library for the

Concert Review: “Deck The Hall”

The annual ‘Deck the Hall’ event at Cal State Fullerton was the true definition of holiday spirit. As seats

• VICTOR

YOUR NEWS GAVE ME THIS ADDRESS AND TOLD ME TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT GLASS IN LIPITOR??? IM STILL LOOKING. WHAT ONES ARE BEING RECALLED AND WHEAR WERE THEY SOLD? DO YOU NEWS PEOPLE KNOW?

• VICTOR

HEARE IS THE INFORMATION ON GLASS IN LIPITOR. YOUR NEWS TPLD ME TO ON THIS SITE CNN AND FIND OUT MORE WELL WHEARE IS THE MORE. YOUR STARTING TO BE JUST LIKE FOX FULL OF BS