Glass pieces found in cholesterol drug

In National News, News

Popular cholesterol drug manufacturer Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc. has recalled more than 40 batches of their product, warning that it may contain small particles of glass, according to CNN.

Ranbaxy is recalled its 10-, 20- and 40-milligram tablets of atorvastatin calcium. A total of 41 lots of 90- and 500- bottles are subject to be recalled at retail level.

The small glass particles, which are may be found in select Ranbaxy products, are estimated to be less than 1 millimeter in size.

“Ranbaxy is proactively recalling the drug product lots out of an abundance of caution, and in keeping the safety of our customers in mind,” the company’s U.S. subsidiary said in a statement.

In 2006 and 2008, two Ranbaxy plants came under fire for its conditions from Food and Drug Administration officials. This led to the January 2012 agreement with the Justice Department that said Ranbaxy submitted false data to the FDA and stopped the company from making drugs for the American market until U.S. standards were met.

Young Theatre hosts a sexy and cliche ‘Wild Party’

Somewhere in between “Chicago” and “The Great Gatsby” lies the vibrant themes and catchy tunes of Tony-nominated producer Andrew

Chicago should take a chance on Chance the Rapper for mayor to increase political interest in Millennials

A group of Chance the Rapper fans launched a website earlier this month devoted to convincing the artist to

China beard ban is vague and misguided

China recently placed a ridiculous new ban on beards and veils to push back against what its government believes

• VICTOR

YOUR NEWS GAVE ME THIS ADDRESS AND TOLD ME TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT GLASS IN LIPITOR??? IM STILL LOOKING. WHAT ONES ARE BEING RECALLED AND WHEAR WERE THEY SOLD? DO YOU NEWS PEOPLE KNOW?

• VICTOR

HEARE IS THE INFORMATION ON GLASS IN LIPITOR. YOUR NEWS TPLD ME TO ON THIS SITE CNN AND FIND OUT MORE WELL WHEARE IS THE MORE. YOUR STARTING TO BE JUST LIKE FOX FULL OF BS