Glass pieces found in cholesterol drug

In National News, News

Popular cholesterol drug manufacturer Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc. has recalled more than 40 batches of their product, warning that it may contain small particles of glass, according to CNN.

Ranbaxy is recalled its 10-, 20- and 40-milligram tablets of atorvastatin calcium. A total of 41 lots of 90- and 500- bottles are subject to be recalled at retail level.

The small glass particles, which are may be found in select Ranbaxy products, are estimated to be less than 1 millimeter in size.

“Ranbaxy is proactively recalling the drug product lots out of an abundance of caution, and in keeping the safety of our customers in mind,” the company’s U.S. subsidiary said in a statement.

In 2006 and 2008, two Ranbaxy plants came under fire for its conditions from Food and Drug Administration officials. This led to the January 2012 agreement with the Justice Department that said Ranbaxy submitted false data to the FDA and stopped the company from making drugs for the American market until U.S. standards were met.

Search for next CSUF president will begin after other CSU president searches conclude

Framroze Virjee replaced Mildred García as the President of Cal State Fullerton on Jan. 1 after his predecessor was

Technology amplifies unhealthy relationship practices

People love to point fingers, find someone to blame to make themselves feel less guilty and play victim; perhaps

‘Den of Thieves’ takes the heist genre into a new realm

Few in American history have pulled off the perfect heist, like the leader of the “Wild Butch Gang,” Butch

• VICTOR

YOUR NEWS GAVE ME THIS ADDRESS AND TOLD ME TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT GLASS IN LIPITOR??? IM STILL LOOKING. WHAT ONES ARE BEING RECALLED AND WHEAR WERE THEY SOLD? DO YOU NEWS PEOPLE KNOW?

• VICTOR

HEARE IS THE INFORMATION ON GLASS IN LIPITOR. YOUR NEWS TPLD ME TO ON THIS SITE CNN AND FIND OUT MORE WELL WHEARE IS THE MORE. YOUR STARTING TO BE JUST LIKE FOX FULL OF BS