Israel launches attack on Gaza

In News, World News

An airstrike by Israel hit the city of Gaza in Palestine Wednesday. The attacks killed the chief of Hamas’ military wing and eight others, according to a CNN report.

The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) reported 128 rockets had been fired at Israel from Gaza since Saturday, and 28 of those were reported by the IDF on Wednesday.

In addition to the eight killed by the Israeli airstrike, 84 were wounded and left 10 in critical conditions. The attacks came after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Gaza of retaliation if there was an increase in rocket attacks.

The attack was condemned by Palestinian leaders. President Mahmoud Abbas called for an emergency meeting with the Council of the League of Arab States on Wednesday. Additionally, the United Nations Security Council called for an emergency meeting.

In a press release, President Obama stated the United States continued support of Israel.

Cal State Fullerton Men’s Basketball optimistic entering Big West Conference play

Following a 99-56 blowout win over Bethesda, Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball enters conference play looking primed for success.

New dean of library appointed

Cal State Fullerton has appointed Clement Guthro to fill the new position of dean of the library for the

Concert Review: “Deck The Hall”

The annual ‘Deck the Hall’ event at Cal State Fullerton was the true definition of holiday spirit. As seats

• Arafat

You left out the part where Israel removed all settlements from Gaza in exchange for peace, but let’s not worry ourselves with minor details, for we all know this is not about seeking truth and justice so much as it is about besmirching Israel.

But the noble Hamas-led Palestinians – as is typical of their good neighbor policy- tore up that treaty with Israel, and no sooner had the Israeli settlers left than the Palestinians started lobbing rocket, after rocket, after rocket into Israel. But this is a mere detail, and as noble college students and editorialists we should not be bothered with such trivia.

Instead welcome to our fantasy-world where we pretend that it is the poor-poor Hamas who are the victims: the good guys in our fictional depiction of this conflict. For we all know Hamas is an ethical and loving organization for whom respect for core values such as women’s rights, gay rights, Jew’s rights, freedom of conscience, the sanctity of life – are all paramount.

In short, Orwell could not make this crap up it is that far detached from reality.