Muslim group seeks to break stereotype

In honor of Islamic Awareness Week, the Muslim Student Association (MSA) Thursday will present the Hijab Day Challenge to give students the experience of what it feels like to dress like a Muslim for a day.

“Hijab” is the Arabic word for “veil;” students will be able to pick up a hijab on the Titan Walk and wear it for the rest of the day.

Mona Bennani, president of MSA, said the main goal of the event is to defy stereotypes of Muslims.

“(Being Arab) is not the definition of Islam,” said Bennani.

The headscarf is supposed to make one more conscious of God by taking attention away from physical attributes like hair. Bennani said people can have honest and healthy relationships with other people like this and that so much of relationships are based on physicality.

According to Bennani, the experience will help people learn a lot about themselves and she would like to see a lot of girls try it, just so people can relate. This is the most real “walk in my shoes” one can ever do, she said.

“As soon as you put on the headscarf it should be assumed that you are Muslim,” Bennani said. “It’s something you can do to actively be in their shoes, and actively feel what we feel, wearing the Hijab, and being stared at. But also to feel that it’s not oppression, it’s rather a liberation.”

Although she said it is a commandment from God, they choose to wear the head veil.

“Because once you wear it you can’t say we’re oppressed anymore … There is no compulsion in religion, so it’s something we have actively made a choice to wear, and it’s a hard one,” Bennani said.

She said just having someone experience wearing the headscarf for one day “would make the world to us, hopefully open their eyes as well.”

However, students like Nijah Crenshaw, 22, a health science major, said some may not think the event is for everybody.

She said it would be good for those who have an opinion about it or think negatively about it “just so they can know,” she said. “But for me it doesn’t really make a difference. I wouldn’t want to do it, personally.”

According to Sarah Salama, vice president of MSA, when people participate in the event they will gain an understanding of someone else’s life experience.

“It’s important for anyone, regardless of which religion you come from,” Salama said.

She used an an example of someone from the Hindu faith desiring to understand the point of view from a Christian or a Muslim’s point of view from a Buddhist.

“That’s why we’re here to understand, and feel each other and find commonalities amongst our experiences. That’s a huge part of being a human,” Salama said.

She said society has a negative view on Islam in the West, and they don’t see it for what it really is.

“I hope that anyone participating in this event is going to realize the beauty of this, and the beauty of the concept of the Hijab,” Salama said.

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the United States and worldwide.

Lecturer Eric Canin to return to CSUF following investigation into misconduct

Anthropology lecturer Eric Canin will return to teach at Cal State Fullerton this fall after Arbitrator Jan Stiglitz concluded

• vin ienco

shame on cali state pushing an event by terrorist organisation, muslim brotherhood front group MSA – fools

• Arafat

Here is what some ex-Muslims say about Islam. I encourage you, and all Muslims, to free yourself.

“But the religion of Islam means Peace!

Or does it?…

The Good Muslims

Although there are certainly many good people who call themselves
    Muslims, all of these people are either living in terrible fear of leaving
    their religion, or have been duped by it. Or, they choose to remain eternally
    clueless about it…

And then of course there are the many evil Muslims. Those Muslims
    who KNOW that Islam is evil.

Those Muslims who happen to be personally honorable Muslims, are
    ironically, the very worst of Muslims, for they give a very bad religion a good
    name and aid in its continuation. Those Muslims who act as Imams and Islamic
    “academics” and work to further the goals of this fundamentally unjust,
    inherently violent, and highly intolerant religion are also doing great harm to
    humanity.

If these above mentioned groups of persons continue in their ways
    and succeed in keeping Islam alive and flourishing, the world will be a truly
    dark place no sane person would want their son or daughter to live in. The time
    has come for all Muslims, both laymen and learned, moderate and fundamentalist,
    to objectively re-examine the religion they currently believe to be infallible
    and beyond the need for critical examination. The horrible truth about the
    Islamic religion must become known if humanity is to survive.

It has become obvious to many Muslims that there is something seriously wrong
    with Islam. But what? What is wrong with Islam? Was Muhammad merely a sick
    human being and a liar? Is Islam the corrupted product of many different hands?
    These questions are well worth asking as there is so much at stake. Those
    people who are good people and adhere to Islam must be asking themselves
    whether Islam is in fact a religion come from God as Muhammad proclaimed. Those
    Muslims who know of Muhammad’s questionable behavior (murder, assassination,
    thievery, pedophilia, etc.) are now wondering whether they want to continue
    blindly following this sick man and his hateful and violent religion.

Unfortunately, the fear that Muhammad’s Islam has induced in the
    minds of Muslims has rendered them incapable of thinking rationally about the
    religion. This is changing though, as more and more Muslims become exposed to
    the grotesque truth about Muhammad and his Islam. Upon learning the truth about
    Islam, honest people of integrity begin the profoundly liberating process of apostasizing
    from Islam. It can definitively be stated that no decent person of sane mind,
    knowing the real facts about Islam, could remain in the religion with a clear
    conscience. We informed apostates of Islam know for certain that Muhammad’s
    Islam is in reality the exact opposite of what it claims to be.

Most Muslims genuinely do not know how evil Islamic ideology
    really is. It is an indisputable fact that Islam institutionalizes
    discrimination against women and non-Muslims, effectively puts an end to freedom
    of speech and freedom of conscience, and ensures perpetual warfare amongst
    mankind. Islam is not a religion of peace. Islam is not a flawless faith
    received from a god on high. Muhammad was not the perfect man. This “religion”
    is so perverse in fact, that it demands that those who leave it be killed.

Muhammad was a deranged man. He was so deranged in fact, that he
    himself believed his own lies. He made his living and satisfied his “needs” by
    creating enemies and then raiding and looting their property. Muhammad and his
    gang of criminals butchered thousands of people during their raids. Often the
    women and children were spared death only to be enslaved and sold for profit or
    used as concubines and free labor. Many of the modern day followers of
    Muhammad’s cult of Islam want to re-live that savage age. They want to
    slaughter “infidels” and take their wives. They want to see stonings,
    amputations, and mute women in full length black garb on every street. The
    early Muslims became Muslims by being duped or threatened by that convincing
    mad man. Modern Muslims, even the most educated, are Muslims due to either fear
    or ignorance, period.

Those folks who consider themselves to be good Muslims must be
    terribly disturbed when witnessing the constant horrors being created around
    the world by their co-religionists who rightly justify their evil deeds in the
    name of Islam. Tragically, according to Islam, Muslims need only treat Muslims
    justly – to hell with the rights of those who will not submit to Islam. The
    misery and loss of life being created by Muslims acting upon Islamic doctrine
    is staggering. The harm that Islam has wrought upon humanity is without
    parallel among the world’s religions. It has now become crystal clear to
    sensible people that Muhammad’s legacy is the most shameful and harmful legacy
    of all of the leaders the world has come to know by name. The name Muhammad now
    denotes disgust, distrust and dishonesty. Though for Muslims, as any “true
    believer” will tell you, Muhammad must still be considered the perfect man,
    whose every word and example is to be obeyed without question…???

It is quite reasonable that many folks who currently call
    themselves Muslims are considering walking away from this sick man’s
    cult/belief system as billions of good people have done before them. Only an
    imbecile would continue to believe that Muhammad was the messenger of god.
    Truth be told, many Muslims stay in Islam simply out of fear for their lives.
    Though the following statement is harsh to be sure, it is none the less true: Educated
    Muslims, especially those living in non-Muslim majority countries, should be
    ashamed of themselves for not taking the time to learn and consider the
    objective truth about Islam from easily available sources and then wholly
    abandoning Islam and joining the effort to expose this terrible fraud.

Those Muslims who choose to stubbornly cling to Islam knowing what
    they now surely know about it are stabbing themselves and humanity in the back.
    Fifty years from now, Islam will be seen as a belief system far worse than even
    Hitler’s Nazism, and those human beings who remain “Muslim” will be looked upon
    as mentally ill freaks that no reasonable person would trust or respect.
    Adherence to Islam in the 21st century is fast becoming known as the ultimate
    self-betrayal. Now that the truth about Islam has become known, there is no
    excuse for a free man or women to remain Muslim.

Islam should rightly be abhorred by all persons of conscience. Muhammad’s Islam is a
    fundamentally unjust ideology with hatred and violence coursing through its
    veins. ‘The good Muslims’ must decide whether they want to live a lie and go
    down the dark path of Islam or make the courageous decision to abandon this
    religion entirely and help in the effort to expose it for what it is. It is time
    for the good Muslims to come to the realization that Muhammad’s Islam, taken in
    totality, amounts to a colossal fraud and a terribly harmful ideology.”