Online buying rises

In National News, News

Cyber Monday deals have begun early this year to match early Black Friday sales.

Cyber Monday is expected to siphon $1.5 billion in sales, compared to the $1.3 billion in 2011, according to CNN.

“Black Friday deals are no longer just for the (brick-and-mortar) store, and Cyber Monday deals are no longer just for Monday,” Jay Henderson, strategy director for IBM Smarter Commerce, told CNN.

Retailers such as Apple and MAC Cosmetics staggered deals over the Thanksgiving weekend, and “finally the big bang to close it out on Cyber Monday,” he said.

A two-thirds increase of consumers, compared to 2011, have opted to use mobile devices when purchasing online Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.

The Appe iPad contributed to nearly 10 percent of online shopping traffic on this past Friday. The iPhone made up about 9 percent while Androids made up 5.5 percent.

Thousands of people marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian