Online buying rises

In National News, News

Cyber Monday deals have begun early this year to match early Black Friday sales.

Cyber Monday is expected to siphon $1.5 billion in sales, compared to the $1.3 billion in 2011, according to CNN.

“Black Friday deals are no longer just for the (brick-and-mortar) store, and Cyber Monday deals are no longer just for Monday,” Jay Henderson, strategy director for IBM Smarter Commerce, told CNN.

Retailers such as Apple and MAC Cosmetics staggered deals over the Thanksgiving weekend, and “finally the big bang to close it out on Cyber Monday,” he said.

A two-thirds increase of consumers, compared to 2011, have opted to use mobile devices when purchasing online Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.

The Appe iPad contributed to nearly 10 percent of online shopping traffic on this past Friday. The iPhone made up about 9 percent while Androids made up 5.5 percent.

Hundreds of thousands march in Los Angeles and Orange County following inauguration

Hundreds of thousands of people attended women’s marches in Los Angeles and Santa Ana last weekend to promote

Former governor Michael Dukakis talks political policies at CSUF

(Photo by Katie Albertson / Daily Titan) Michael Dukakis, a professor, former three-term Democratic Massachusetts governor and the Democratic

Cal State Fullerton’s first female black president dies on New Year’s Day

(Photo courtesy of CSUF) Cal State Fullerton’s first black female president Jewel Plummer Cobb died at the age of