Times are changing for Black Friday

In National News, News

As eager bargain shoppers prepare for the biggest holiday of the season, Black Friday is slowly becoming a thing of the past.

Retailers are opening their Black Friday sales as early as Thursday, with shoppers skipping out on holiday festivities and Thanksgiving feasts.

Toys R Us and Walmart are among the first retailers to announce their “Black Friday” deals, which would begin at 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 22.

Last year Walmart opened at 9 p.m. and Toys R Us opened at 10 p.m.; each year pushing sales at even earlier times.

Retail employees have petitioned to push back opening times back to Friday so they can celebrate Thanksgiving at home.

Retailers are worried Americans are less willing to spend freely this holiday season and have not fully recovered from the economic recession between 2007 and 2009. This fear has caused stores to battle on who opens first for Black Friday.

TitanCon attracts cosplayers and pop culture enthusiasts

The second annual TitanCon took place Saturday inside and around the Titan Student Union, but anyone unfamiliar with the

Thirteen thousand participate in 15th annual Donate Life 5K/1K Run/Walk at CSUF to support organ and tissue donations

Thirteen thousand people took to the CSUF Intramural Fields Saturday for the 15th annual “Donate Life 5K/1K Run/Walk and

Interactive event at CSUF commemorates the 25th anniversary of the 1992 Los Angeles Riots

Audience members sat with labels taped to their backs in the TSU Thursday. They were told to only interact