Toyota recalls vehicles for steering malfunctions

In News, World News

Toyota will be recalling 670,000 Prius hybrids in the United States and 2.77 million Toyota vehicles including Prius, Corolla, and Wish models worldwide, according to the Associated Press.

Steering problems and hybrid powertrain shutdowns caused the mass recall.

According to a report by the Japan based company, the metal used in the steering component was too soft and would cause a loss of steering if the wheel was turned too far to the left or right at a low speed, according to a New York Times report.

An additional recall of the same vehicles in the U.S. will call back 350,000 Prius cars. A defective water pump in the powertrain system could shut down the hybrid car. The recall would involve replacing the electric water pumps, according to the New York Times.

In 2005, the Toyota Prius was recalled after owner complaints of a loss of power. This initial Prius recall brought in 124,000 Priuses, according to the New York Times.

Cal State Fullerton Men’s Basketball optimistic entering Big West Conference play

Following a 99-56 blowout win over Bethesda, Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball enters conference play looking primed for success.

New dean of library appointed

Cal State Fullerton has appointed Clement Guthro to fill the new position of dean of the library for the

Concert Review: “Deck The Hall”

The annual ‘Deck the Hall’ event at Cal State Fullerton was the true definition of holiday spirit. As seats