Toyota recalls vehicles for steering malfunctions

In News, World News

Toyota will be recalling 670,000 Prius hybrids in the United States and 2.77 million Toyota vehicles including Prius, Corolla, and Wish models worldwide, according to the Associated Press.

Steering problems and hybrid powertrain shutdowns caused the mass recall.

According to a report by the Japan based company, the metal used in the steering component was too soft and would cause a loss of steering if the wheel was turned too far to the left or right at a low speed, according to a New York Times report.

An additional recall of the same vehicles in the U.S. will call back 350,000 Prius cars. A defective water pump in the powertrain system could shut down the hybrid car. The recall would involve replacing the electric water pumps, according to the New York Times.

In 2005, the Toyota Prius was recalled after owner complaints of a loss of power. This initial Prius recall brought in 124,000 Priuses, according to the New York Times.

Over a thousand marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian