‘Twihard’ fans campout for Twilight’s final movie

In Arts & Entertainment, Film & TV

Twilight fans camped outside of the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles four days before the release of the new Twilight movie, Breaking Dawn Part 2.

More than 2,000 fans of the vampire-romance saga surrounded the theater in tents where the movie premiered.

The fans of the popular Twilight series registered prior to their camping for a chance to spend the weekend at the tent city, covering the street in front of the Staples Center.

Tens of thousands of ‘Twihards’ spread throughout the LA Live plaza on Friday. This happens every time a new Twilight movie is released. But this time, Twilight fans camped out earlier than expected for the final movie.

The outside of LA Live became a big tent city for four days until the night of the premiere, when it transformed into a red carpet event.

Jennifer Kelley, a Twilight fanatic, described the event as bittersweet. She compared camping out to a family reunion and summer camp all rolled into one.

“It’s the end, it’s the last one, so we decided we are going to go big or go home,” said Kelley.

Rain or shine, these ‘Twihard’ fans waited for their chance to see the stars of the Twilight Saga.

They filled the ground space of LA Live to show their love for the vampire series and witness the stars one last time before the final movie.

“Literally everyone that we know here we’ve met through Twilight, no one was a friend previously, but they are all going to be friends for the rest of my life,” said Sarah Morrill, a ‘Twihard’ camper.

Some Twilight fanatics have met through other Twilight premieres and have made it a tradition to meet for every release.

Fan Ginelle Bounassar said Twilight changed the way she looked at the books. Before she never enjoyed reading but the Twilight series fascinated her and got her into reading more.

“Now I love to read and it affected me,” said Bounassar. “Obviously I love the characters and it’s just something easy to fall in love with.”

Not only Twilight fans from the LA area, but fans from all over the world came together to share their love for the popular vampire saga.

They express their passion for the series, but also their disappointment in knowing that it is the last movie of Twilight series.

The global premiere of Breaking Dawn Part 2 occurs Nov. 16.

Thousands of people marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian