CSUF gains new vice president

Gregory Saks has been named vice president of advancement for Cal State Fullerton. Saks was previously vice president of advancement for Cal State Dominguez Hills.

With more than 15 years of experience in creating and implementing fundraising programs for universities, Saks will take his position as vice president starting in spring 2013.

Saks will take up leadership for CSUF’s Philanthropic Foundation as executive director. In addition, Saks will be responsible for alumni relations, fundraising, government relations, major events and communications.

“His wide range of experience and advanced skill set will help us continue advancing the University for many years to come,” President Mildred García said upon announcing his appointment to the campus.

Saks earned his bachelors degree in history from Cal State San Bernardino and his master’s degree in higher education administration from Miami University

Lecturer Eric Canin to return to CSUF following investigation into misconduct

Anthropology lecturer Eric Canin will return to teach at Cal State Fullerton this fall after Arbitrator Jan Stiglitz concluded