Comfort foods help students get through exams

In Arts & Entertainment, Food

The semester is soon coming to an end, which means it’s time for final projects, studying and snacking. These are top five finals week comfort foods that can be easily in the local area. Remember to pick up extra treats for yout study group!

Protein: Foods rich in protein, such as peanut butter, are a go-to food for many students during exam time. Plus, who doesn’t enjoy snacking on peanut butter and soy milk while studying?

Other options include Ritz Bitz Peanut Butter, a Snickers bar or an old fashioned peanut butter sandwich.

If you would rather buy your PB & J than make it yourself, head over to Which Wich on Nutwood Avenue for an “Elvis Wich” which, according to their website, contains “peanut butter, honey, and banana, baby.”

Or, stop by Dairy Queen on State College Boulevard to buy a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard. Yogurtland also offers peanut butter flavored frozen yogurt for those looking for a low fat option.

Coffee: Whether students select a caramel macchiato, an espresso shot or a home brew, coffee is a must have for those in need of extra focus during their study sessions.

CSUF is home to several locations offering Starbucks coffee; this includes Mihaylo Hall, Nutwood Cafe and the Titan Student Union Food Court.

An off campus Starbucks is located on North State College Boulevard. If you’d rather not be mainstream and avoid the Starbucks rush, try Aloha Java for your caffeine fix.

Even though it is renamed to Jay’s, the coffee shop formerly known as Tully’s Coffee on Nutwood Avenue is another option. Another off campus location is the Night Owl, located in downtown Fullerton, it has late night hours for those who don’t mind lots of chatter and a band playing in the corner of the cafe.

Candy: Small candies such as M&Ms and Skittles are not only a great snacking food, but students also find fun ways to integrate them into studying.

When reading a long assignment, put an M&M at the bottom of every paragraph. Every time you finish a paragraph, you get to eat it!

For wrapped candy that is easily thrown in a purse or a backpack, try Starbursts, dinner mints, or Hi-Chews.

Granola bars: These are good for on-the-go and come in a range of flavors and brands for a low price.

The convenience stores on campus, including The Yum and The Brief Stop, carry a large selection of granola bars.

Students can pick up some crunchy Nature Valley granola bars at many of Associated Students Inc. All Night Study events or try a Kashi TLC bar from The Yum.

Quaker Chewy Bars are a classic, but Fiber One may be better if you’re looking for a healthier option.

The debate between the better granola bar—crunchy or chewy—has been discussed for years. But just remember: Chewy granola bars are less distracting in a study zone.

Titans guard Ian Fox secures mid-season release from men’s basketball team

Titans guard Ian Fox secured his release from the men’s basketball team last week. Neither Fox nor Titan Athletics