Jenni Rivera plane found in crash

In News, World News

Mexican-American singer Jenni Rivera is believed to have been killed in a small plane crash from northern Mexico Sunday, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The plane disappeared just moments after its departure in Monterey. It was found in the mountains Nuevo Leon, just a short distance from the airport.

According to Mexican officials, none of the six other passengers survived.

Rivera, 43, is a Long Beach native and a star in Mexico. Her fans knew her as “la diva de la banda.” Rivera was famous for her Mexican regional music styles, banda and norteno.

Rivera also starred in her own reality show, I Love Jenni, shown on cable channel Mun2. The singer and reality television star also had a radio program, as well as a clothing and cosmetics lines.

Rivera has recently won two Billboard Mexican music awards and has sold 1.2 million albums and 349,000 digital tracks.

Cal State Fullerton Men’s Basketball optimistic entering Big West Conference play

Following a 99-56 blowout win over Bethesda, Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball enters conference play looking primed for success.

New dean of library appointed

Cal State Fullerton has appointed Clement Guthro to fill the new position of dean of the library for the

Concert Review: “Deck The Hall”

The annual ‘Deck the Hall’ event at Cal State Fullerton was the true definition of holiday spirit. As seats