NHL dispute thaws season

In National News, News

The National Hockey League canceled more games Monday as labor disputes drag on between team owners and the players’ union.

All games through the end of the calendar year have been wiped out, along with the Winter Classic, an annual New Year’s Day outdoor match, and the All-Star Game, which was to be held in Columbus, Ohio.

According to CNN, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman has said any abbreviated regular season should probably have a minimum of 48 games per team, a threshold the league will cross in early to mid January.

No new talks have been scheduled yet, but NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly hopes that they will resume soon.

A total of 526 games, nearly 43 percent of the season, were scheduled from the start of the regular season on Oct. 11 through Dec. 30, the NHL said.

A similar labor dispute canceled the entire 2004-05 NHL season.

Hundreds of thousands march in Los Angeles and Orange County following inauguration

Hundreds of thousands of people attended women’s marches in Los Angeles and Santa Ana last weekend to promote

Former governor Michael Dukakis talks political policies at CSUF

(Photo by Katie Albertson / Daily Titan) Michael Dukakis, a professor, former three-term Democratic Massachusetts governor and the Democratic

Cal State Fullerton’s first female black president dies on New Year’s Day

(Photo courtesy of CSUF) Cal State Fullerton’s first black female president Jewel Plummer Cobb died at the age of