NHL dispute thaws season

In National News, News

The National Hockey League canceled more games Monday as labor disputes drag on between team owners and the players’ union.

All games through the end of the calendar year have been wiped out, along with the Winter Classic, an annual New Year’s Day outdoor match, and the All-Star Game, which was to be held in Columbus, Ohio.

According to CNN, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman has said any abbreviated regular season should probably have a minimum of 48 games per team, a threshold the league will cross in early to mid January.

No new talks have been scheduled yet, but NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly hopes that they will resume soon.

A total of 526 games, nearly 43 percent of the season, were scheduled from the start of the regular season on Oct. 11 through Dec. 30, the NHL said.

A similar labor dispute canceled the entire 2004-05 NHL season.

Cal State Fullerton tennis suffers season-ending loss to Hawaii in Big West Championship semifinals

The Cal State Fullerton women’s tennis team’s record-setting season came to a close with a 4-1 loss to

Cal State Fullerton baseball holds off UCI in 14th straight home win

FULLERTON – After a tough series loss to Cal Poly, No. 14 Cal State Fullerton baseball bounced back with a

Cal State Fullerton tennis knocks off CSU Northridge to move onto Big West semifinals

The Cal State Fullerton women’s tennis team survived a close back-and-forth with Cal State Northridge to move on to