Obama visits Newton, Conn.

In National News, News

President Barack Obama arrived in Newtown, Conn. Sunday afternoon to meet with the parents of the 20 children who were killed along with six other women at an elementary school shooting Friday.

The president met privately with the families at Newtown High School, where he was also scheduled to speak at an interfaith vigil to mourn the victims, most of whom were just 6 or 7 years old.

Obama also met with the first responders of the incident behind closed doors.

As the vigil began, the first responders of the incident received a long standing ovation from attendees as they entered the high school auditorium.

In his speech, Obama conceded that no words could match the sorrow of the tragedy that had occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary, but pledged that change must come in the wake of it.

“Newtown, you are not alone,” said the president, according to NBC News. “This job of teaching our children and keeping them safe is something we can only do together.”

A photo of Rami Perlman giving advice to CSUF's Music Industry club.

Space Yacht entrepreneur group gives industry advice to CSUF students

Space Yacht, a Los Angeles events collective, was invited by the Cal State Fullerton Music Industry Club on Tuesday

CSUF women's basketball forward Amiee Book waits for a free throw attempt.

Family fuels Amiee Book’s passion of basketball

Ranked second in the Big West in 3-point percentage, international student and CSUF women's basketball freshman forward Amiee Book

Cal State Fullerton women's basketball senior guard Jade Vega dribbles the ball during Cal State Fullerton's women's basketball game against Cal State Northridge.

CSUF women’s basketball looks to snap six game skid

CSUF women’s basketball will look to end their six-game losing streak Thursday night when they host UC Santa Barbara.