Obama visits Newton, Conn.

In National News, News

President Barack Obama arrived in Newtown, Conn. Sunday afternoon to meet with the parents of the 20 children who were killed along with six other women at an elementary school shooting Friday.

The president met privately with the families at Newtown High School, where he was also scheduled to speak at an interfaith vigil to mourn the victims, most of whom were just 6 or 7 years old.

Obama also met with the first responders of the incident behind closed doors.

As the vigil began, the first responders of the incident received a long standing ovation from attendees as they entered the high school auditorium.

In his speech, Obama conceded that no words could match the sorrow of the tragedy that had occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary, but pledged that change must come in the wake of it.

“Newtown, you are not alone,” said the president, according to NBC News. “This job of teaching our children and keeping them safe is something we can only do together.”

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel / Courtesy of Amazon Studios

Review: “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” reaches new heights

The social conservatism in New York during the 1950s only makes Miriam “Midge” Maisel much more marvelous as she

(Danielle Evangelista / Daily Titan)

NCAA disapproves of Marijuana usage for rehabilitation purposes

For student-athletes in college, the ability to use marijuana as a way to help heal themselves during the course

Concept art for new virtual reality experience coming to College of the Arts.

College of the Arts plans to convert a student hotspot into Virtual Reality room

The Department of Visual Arts cell block nestled between animation classrooms 185 and 189 in building E has not