OCTA’s future chief is on hold

In Local News, News

The board will vote again to appoint the head of the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) due to a violation of state law.

According to the Orange County Register, the appointment of Darrell Johnson to OCTA’s top job is up in the air because several members’ terms expire before a new vote can take place.

A small committee of board members, whose terms are close to expire, selected Johnson for the job without exploring other potential candidates and sent his appointment to the board for a final vote.

According to the Brown Act, California’s open meeting law, local agency boards are prohibited from calling special meetings to consider the compensation of prospect agency executives. OCTA’s general counsel, Ken Smart acknowledged the infraction that took place at a special meeting at the agency’s board.

The current 17-member board will get at least nine new members in December and January as representatives from city councils see their terms expire and are replaced by new members.

TitanCon attracts cosplayers and pop culture enthusiasts

The second annual TitanCon took place Saturday inside and around the Titan Student Union, but anyone unfamiliar with the

Thirteen thousand participate in 15th annual Donate Life 5K/1K Run/Walk at CSUF to support organ and tissue donations

Thirteen thousand people took to the CSUF Intramural Fields Saturday for the 15th annual “Donate Life 5K/1K Run/Walk and

Interactive event at CSUF commemorates the 25th anniversary of the 1992 Los Angeles Riots

Audience members sat with labels taped to their backs in the TSU Thursday. They were told to only interact