Senate to battle electronic privacy

In National News, News

Capitol Hill lawmakers will perform a balancing act between electronic privacy and national security this week, renegotiating a measure granting the government the power to intercept cyber communications without a warrant.

Policymakers currently use the measure contained in a law known as the FISA Amendments Act to seize emails and intercept telephone calls from overseas foreigners.

The Washington Post reported some communications between U.S. citizens and foreigners of intercepted emails and phone calls have been “scooped up” by the government.

Some have argued the measure is vital to protect against foreign threats posed by terrorists or other malicious groups aiming to cripple the country.

Other politicians are worried too much power the measure provides impedes on citizens’ right to privacy provided by a warrant as well as other privacy protections.

Currently, the government refuses to divulge details of citizens’ communications that have been intercepted or monitored.

Cal State Fullerton Men’s Basketball optimistic entering Big West Conference play

Following a 99-56 blowout win over Bethesda, Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball enters conference play looking primed for success.

New dean of library appointed

Cal State Fullerton has appointed Clement Guthro to fill the new position of dean of the library for the

Concert Review: “Deck The Hall”

The annual ‘Deck the Hall’ event at Cal State Fullerton was the true definition of holiday spirit. As seats