Senate to battle electronic privacy

In National News, News

Capitol Hill lawmakers will perform a balancing act between electronic privacy and national security this week, renegotiating a measure granting the government the power to intercept cyber communications without a warrant.

Policymakers currently use the measure contained in a law known as the FISA Amendments Act to seize emails and intercept telephone calls from overseas foreigners.

The Washington Post reported some communications between U.S. citizens and foreigners of intercepted emails and phone calls have been “scooped up” by the government.

Some have argued the measure is vital to protect against foreign threats posed by terrorists or other malicious groups aiming to cripple the country.

Other politicians are worried too much power the measure provides impedes on citizens’ right to privacy provided by a warrant as well as other privacy protections.

Currently, the government refuses to divulge details of citizens’ communications that have been intercepted or monitored.

Over a thousand marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian