Senate to battle electronic privacy

In National News, News

Capitol Hill lawmakers will perform a balancing act between electronic privacy and national security this week, renegotiating a measure granting the government the power to intercept cyber communications without a warrant.

Policymakers currently use the measure contained in a law known as the FISA Amendments Act to seize emails and intercept telephone calls from overseas foreigners.

The Washington Post reported some communications between U.S. citizens and foreigners of intercepted emails and phone calls have been “scooped up” by the government.

Some have argued the measure is vital to protect against foreign threats posed by terrorists or other malicious groups aiming to cripple the country.

Other politicians are worried too much power the measure provides impedes on citizens’ right to privacy provided by a warrant as well as other privacy protections.

Currently, the government refuses to divulge details of citizens’ communications that have been intercepted or monitored.

Search for next CSUF president will begin after other CSU president searches conclude

Framroze Virjee replaced Mildred García as the President of Cal State Fullerton on Jan. 1 after his predecessor was

Technology amplifies unhealthy relationship practices

People love to point fingers, find someone to blame to make themselves feel less guilty and play victim; perhaps

‘Den of Thieves’ takes the heist genre into a new realm

Few in American history have pulled off the perfect heist, like the leader of the “Wild Butch Gang,” Butch