Senator proposes donation reform

In News, State News

California Senator Lou Correa has proposed legislation that would require “dark money” groups to publicly reveal themselves.

This legislation proposal follows a recent incident in which the California Fair Political Practices Commission was forced to take legal action against a nonprofit organization that contributed $11 million in opposition of Gov. Jerry Brown’s policies. After initially refusing to reveal where the money was coming from, the nonprofit was eventually forced to turn over records.

The records merely revealed that they received the money from another nonprofit, who in turn received it from yet another nonprofit.

The state still has yet to discover the original source of the money.

Correa’s proposed legislation Senate Bill 27, would require nonprofit donations to follow the same rules as state campaigns.

Under these conditions, the organization has to be less than two years old or must have given more than $500,000 in their first contribution to a campaign.

Hundreds of thousands march in Los Angeles and Orange County following inauguration

Hundreds of thousands of people attended women’s marches in Los Angeles and Santa Ana last weekend to promote

Former governor Michael Dukakis talks political policies at CSUF

(Photo by Katie Albertson / Daily Titan) Michael Dukakis, a professor, former three-term Democratic Massachusetts governor and the Democratic

Cal State Fullerton’s first female black president dies on New Year’s Day

(Photo courtesy of CSUF) Cal State Fullerton’s first black female president Jewel Plummer Cobb died at the age of