Washington legalizes gay marriage

In National News, News

Gov. Chris Gregoire has officially approved the legalization of same-sex marriage in the state of Washington, according to the Associated Press.

“This is a very important and historic day in the great state of Washington,” the governor said in a statement.

Washington will now join the states of New York, Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and the District of Columbia that have also enacted laws or issued court rulings permitting same-sex marriage.

Same-sex couples in Washington can now start picking up marriage certificates and licenses. However, Washington has a three-day waiting period so the new marriages will not be valid until Dec. 9.

This new law will not require religious organizations or churches to perform marriages for same-sex couples. They also will not face any penalties for refusing.

Cal State Fullerton Men’s Basketball optimistic entering Big West Conference play

Following a 99-56 blowout win over Bethesda, Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball enters conference play looking primed for success.

New dean of library appointed

Cal State Fullerton has appointed Clement Guthro to fill the new position of dean of the library for the

Concert Review: “Deck The Hall”

The annual ‘Deck the Hall’ event at Cal State Fullerton was the true definition of holiday spirit. As seats

• Josephine Thornburg

It’s only a matter of time before Jesus comes to get His church out of here. It’s similar to Noah being saved from the wicked world of his day. Repent and be saved for all of eternity!

• Josephine Thornburg

All need to trust in Jesus as their Lord (Master) and Savior, and follow His word.