Anaheim murder suspect charged

In Local News, News

A man has been charged with murder after being found by police in an Anaheim hotel room with his dead wife, according to the Orange County Register.

The Staybridge Suites hotel in Anaheim called the police to investigate the room after Bruce Ohlwine, 48, delayed checking out of the room.

Police found Ohlwine suffering with an abdomen injury while his wife Saori Ohlwine was dead inside the hotel room.

Officers arrested Ohlwine on suspicion of murder after taking him to a hospital for treatment.

Police told the Register that Ohlwine allegedly used a knife in the slaying of his wife. He is facing a sentence enhancement for the personal use of a deadly weapon.

Authorities have not commented on Ohlwine’s motive.

The couple had a record of run-ins with the law. The Orange County Superior Court records show both were charged with felony pimping and conspiring to commit a crime last year.

Ohlwine is scheduled to return to court for his arraignment March 8.

Lecturer Eric Canin to return to CSUF following investigation into misconduct

Anthropology lecturer Eric Canin will return to teach at Cal State Fullerton this fall after Arbitrator Jan Stiglitz concluded